PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Tool Listings Dropping Off?

Too_Many_Tools
04-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Being busy I seldom get to spend much time on Ebay.

When I was on there recently, I noticed that there seemed to be significantly fewer listings that would interest a HSMer.

Have the number of listings dropped?

TMT

tiptop
04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
TMT not sure if the amount of listings has dropped off, maybe a little. I watch about five catagories and have saved searches for about eight things in specific. One thing I have noticed in the last year is people are bidding the heck out of things. I think in the machinery catagory they have dropped off some, except for Buy it Now. There seems to be a lot of tooling, but they are getting to much for a lot of it. Jay

snowman
04-06-2008, 08:38 PM
deals have went away, half the time it seems you can buy it new on sale cheaper, but it's on Ebay, so it has to be a deal

doesn't bother me, as I'm rarely a buyer and usually a seller :)

bhjones
04-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I've been using E-Bay to tool up for a while now. The things I have in my searches are pretty specific at this point so I'm not positive about a drop in volume, but I'm sure closing prices are going up.

CCWKen
04-07-2008, 02:40 AM
I think the "junk" offerings have dropped off because of the new feedback rules. Offering crap and getting away with it is harder to do now. I got some great deals on punch and dies a while back and the quality was the best I've seen in a long time.

JRouche
04-07-2008, 03:40 AM
You know what happened.. You have it all!!! Yeah, really. Now yer looking for stuff that you dont have. LOL Im there... See, you are prolly so well equipt now and all the stuff being presented are items you already own now..

Starts with breezing through the HF mailer they send out. And you see they are not offering anything new, for you anyway, cause you already own all the stuff thats worth owning, in duplicates if you live close by.

Then its the enco mailer with free shipping.. Hmm, why is it always the same stuff on sale. Well, cause you already bought all the stuff needed, free shipping of course..

Then its ebay.. You have exhausted yer search terms and bought up everything you thought you needed..

You just need new search ideas.. Ill swap you my search list for yours LOL

No, I think there is just as much available on ebay as always. You just need to borrow someones search list, or their "watch list"... Its all there.. Whadda you want. haaaaa

JR