PDA

View Full Version : N.A.M.E.S. info needed

loose nut
04-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I have been to every Names show since they began and have always gone on the Saturday. I might not be able to go on the Saturday this year, is the Sunday show as good or do some of the displays and sellers pack up and go home Saturday night.

JCHannum
04-09-2008, 08:34 PM
The displayers might be there one or two days, some leave Saturday, but there are a few that come on Sunday to make up for that. NAMES is pretty stringent about requiring vendors to stay for both days to the end of the show, and they do.

PTSideshow
04-14-2008, 06:16 AM
Some of the older builders, and the ones that traveled a long distance may leave Saturday afternoon evening.

With the Dealers its stay till the end or you don't come back. the only thing about Saturday is, on Sunday the early birds steal and deals are gone and then you have to wait for the heavy weight deals towards the end of the expo. You know when the dealer is thinking do I want to load this up again and take it home or drop $50.00 off the price.
:D

kf2qd
04-14-2008, 08:31 AM
I have been the past 2 years, arrived about noon on saturday, and left just after noon on sunday - Saturday afternoon was rather crowded, sunday morning was less crowded. Not much change in displays between the 2 days. Was easier to take picture on sunday morning.

John Stevenson
04-14-2008, 09:10 AM
What does a show like NAMES attract as regards attendance over the two days.?
I'd like to compare to our UK shows but they are usually 3 day shows.

PTSideshow
04-14-2008, 09:48 AM
It goes up and it has been down the last 2 or so years. Mainly due to the gas prices and the bodies getting older and unable to drive the distances.
There are not many regional shows or local ones other than the the larger steam meetings in the spring summer and fall. where the full size tractors and old farm equipment holds court.
There is one in PA. In the early part of the year, NAMES now and the PRIME one late on the west coast.
there is anew one that is a national model show that is going to happen for the first time this summer.
I will write down to get the numbers for this year before I come back.:D