PDA

View Full Version : Baby boys first words..

Dawai
04-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Okay, he's my organic shop burgular alarm.. he is trying to speak, got two syllables out.. hard to talk when you don't have fine control on the vocal cords..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ZO-YjPM_mE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ZO-YjPM_mE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZO-YjPM_mE

A.K. Boomer
04-12-2008, 10:59 AM
You just scared the hell out of me Dave, for a second I thought you reproduced:p

Dawai
04-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I have, twice.. both are as stubborn as I.

Son, stabbed a boy at the age of 14. He said it was self defense and the judge let him off, this was after he had been expelled from school forever. I was terrified he had gotten a "thrill out of it" and would be in prison before 18.. so far he has not, he was in the Guardian angels for excitement tho. I throwed a fit, if he was wanting to fight, he should be paid for it. COP or otherwise. There is much excitement in close quarter combat. Adrenalin like 120+ up the white line on a motorcycle.

Daughter tried to kick my wife's ass last summer. She was swinging wildly and when she stepped back and remembered her Karate lessons I got over my shock and stepped in and stopped it. I paused cause I was so amazed since she loved my wife so much.

Kids.. I can make the dog mind.. them, not so much, as a father I guess I am a failure. I fertilized their moms cause I needed another trophy. SOO MUCH I COULD TELL YOUNG PEOPLE ON HOW NOT TO ACT..

I worry about my kids daily. No control. Their mommy's raised them without my help.

I admire everyone of you who have kept a stable home with the same woman all your life.. I am on my 9th year with #4 Carrol, hopefully she will outlast me.. she is stubborn as I am. ANYWAYS, you guys who have had the same wives.. HURRAH for you.. you are much better at it than me.. I think I finally have a good one who can tolerate my BS for a while.

Alistair Hosie
04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
The only woman I ever slept with, is my wife Bronwen.Been married 37 years this year 3 wonderful grown up sons .I would marry her again tomorrow if I had to she and my boys are my life.So it does work.And I know I'm not alone.Alistair

Weston Bye
04-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Alistair, you are not alone. 39 years here, same story as yours. We are indeed fortunate. I make no claim of moral superiority over those who were not so successful, just a little more lucky.

Fasttrack
04-12-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't usually consider myself a "dog-person" but you got yourself one fine looking (and speaking ;) ) animal!

I hope i'll find someone to put up with all my bs, as you put it. Until then, I got my machine tools ;)

Al Messer
04-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Neither of you are alone---49 years this coming August!!

Techtchr
04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Dave, Great dog!

Married 25 years. Sat next to Joanne in band in the 6th grade. Been sitting next to her in band ever since. Two wonderful daughters too...well most of the time. We played duets last night for fun. I made a new head joint for my flute and she likes it a lot...now she wants one. Gotta buy some more tools to do it :)

My dog sings when I play the flute, but he stops every time I setup the video camera. I've been trying to capture him on video for the last month. Can't decide if he is camera shy, or he wants a contract for the royalties.

Matt

JRouche
04-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Damm David, that boy has you trained but good!! Hes got you sayin Mama pretty well and HE gets the treat when he thinks you have it down pretty good. He's not a sucker though, he wanted to make sure you could do it right before taking the snack :)

I love it!!! Bout time I actually heard yer voice.

And I really like the fact you are the best friend of yer pooch. Gotta love our dogs!!!

Nice head on that dude.. I really like his colors too..

Whats he got you sayin next, Im waitin... He will git you speaking proper soon no doubt... Good job with the training David. He's obliviously a happy guy!!!! JR

Dawai
04-13-2008, 05:44 AM
TechTchr:

Yeah, that was Michigan J Frog was it not? the lil cartoon frog that could only sing and Dance for one guy?

This dog rolls his eyes like a teenager when I ask him to say this.. This has not been a immediate thing like "go look out the window was" (took 5 minutes).. it is very hard for him to do and it hurts his throat I think..

The "go look out the window" trick is a great thing when you hear something and don't want to get up (or don't feel good).
Butch, my best buddy would run down to the shop when someone came and let the "big dog" know. Then he'd run back to the gate and let the person know to stop right there and wait. Lex is too busy sleeping like the Hee-Haw hound dog. I am not sure how you teach that to a dog, it must be common sense which this dog don't have. Butch was also solid muscle, this dog is well.. plump.. Butch would run from one gate behind the house to the other so fast people would think I had two dogs.

These dogs, Butch could jump six feet straight up, and ten feet sideways without squatting for power.. like a cat, just spring. That speed and power misused is why these dogs get into trouble. AND mental issues by bad training and abuse. DO not do any aggressive tugging or any Sicc-ing on anything with these dogs. It's serious with a dog and Alpha's always want to be the big dog. Like a dominance of power and control. This dog is no alpha tho.

Techtchr
04-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Dave,
We had three dogs until Sam the 110 pound golden retreiver passed away last fall. He would fetch all day long if you let him. He had a hard life as a pup but he turned into a great dog when we got him. The two left are great dogs too but the the littlest one Bruno, about a 50 pound german shep/lab mut is the alpha dog and he is the singer. A skeptic may say the pitch of the flute bothers him so he howels. But I prefer to think he is toying with me. He is especially patriotic too. He sings extra hard when I play Stars and Stripes Forever on the piccolo. He is very smart as well. He understands many different phrases. I've experimented by changing the pitch and cadence of my voice to see if he just understood the sound or the words, and it seems as if he actually understands the words. The other dog, a Blonde golden retreiver that my wife actually spent money to buy, well blonde kinda says it all. He is pretty to look at.

rockrat
04-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Dave - I'm impressed. I'll pay you good for an entire litter of him when he starts saying "Get out of here m-f-!" :D

Gretchen, our German short hair, seems to do well with strangers. She always barks at them no matter what. If we are there, I can command her to relax. If we were not there, I'm not sure what would happen.

I have snuk around the house at night making noises as if I were trying to get in, and she comes alive. I normally run off down the street and come around my standard way (as if I were comming home from work) and she will bark and growl a bit 'till she sees who it is. I play this game in this manner because this dog is smart and I dont want her associating strange noises with me testing her.

Now if I can just get her to run into the briars for the phesant dad shot last year I'll have a real winner.

Dawai
04-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Indian method of associating a dog with a person, share food, or spit in theirs.. it puts you, the big dog's scent into the food where the Submissive dog eats it..

They also spit in the horses mouth, made them the same way.

One thing I have learned about animals, they are a lot smarter than people think, a gorilla, one of the most intelligent primates but is so stubborn it won't take the tests. A pittbulldog, and a lot of other breeds you have to make eye contact with, like a autistic kid. THEY have to be concentrating on what you are telling them to understand.

Butch was probably more intelligent than this dog. I sure miss him. The neighborhood kids rocked and teased him till he was a danger to all except us, he loved us. A bad combination for the neighborhood tho. I honestly believe he would have killed the one lil Dennis the Menace kid who drug boxes behind his bicycle. That is why he had to go. I informed the parents of "said kid" I was not happy and have not saw that kid in front of my place again. A eyeball to eyeball talk gets a point across.
Those people sued several people in the neighborhood, I think actually they put that kid up to it.. Butch would look around the corner of the house before he came out into the open.