PDA

View Full Version : A Question

lane
04-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Since we can`t offer to sell tools on this forum. I was wondering about offering to trade are swap extra tools are stuff we don`t need for something we could use that some one else here may have they don`t need . Whats the deal on this .I got lots of extra tools I don`t need.

lazlo
04-12-2008, 10:03 PM
I got lots of extra tools I don`t need.

Whatcha got Lane? :D

dp
04-12-2008, 10:06 PM
barter.com does this. I registered a domain, trades2trade.com with the idea of doing the same thing but I ran out of health when I had a heart attack and didn't get it finished. I still think it has potential.

Looks like http://toolswappers.com/ is in the game, too.

Fasttrack
04-12-2008, 10:09 PM
If you've got any goodies you want to get rid of, I can certainly help you out. You know, just one good citizen helping another ;)

:D

Peter N
04-13-2008, 04:44 AM
I know it has been mentioned before, but there is a free site available to use for all "For Sale" and "Wanted" ads, and this is strictly limited to connections with our hobby.

The site is http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/ and the service is run free of charge by John Stevenson and Charles Ping, both posters on here as I'm sure you know.

Even though it is UK ISP-based, it's open to everyone on here, and I know John has encouraged people to use it.

Dead simple, you just fill in the details about what is for sale or wanted and provide as much (or as little) contact detail as you want, then all ads get vetted by John/Charles to ensure machining content and remove spam, and then it gets posted on the site. Enquiries get e-mailed directly to you, or you get a call if you left a phone number.

When the item has gone, you fill in the "item sold" box and the ad gets removed from the site.
No fees, no hassle, and run by machinists for machinists.

Peter

Evan
04-13-2008, 07:33 AM
Hey Lane,

I have a spare Starret inside mic with extensions and wrench in the original box. Do you need one?

Forgot to mention it was made 30 years ago so is probably decent quality. :D