PDA

View Full Version : Help with 10" Rockwell Lathe ?

hoof
04-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Hello folk's, I was hoping any of you would know the "Cross reference" for fitting a steady rest on a Rockwell 10" Lathe. The Collets are some what odd-ball, But I've been able to find them. However I have yet to see anyone on flea-bay of the like list an item that fits on the ways. I see that alot of the Atlas and Craftsman item are compatable. Is there something I missed? I like to know where one could find info as to what might fit. I have yet to see any items listed for my lathe. Did I get a good price on this unit due to the fact it is no longer supported ? Thank's in advance.

Hoof

wirewrkr
04-21-2008, 11:06 AM
The only reason Atlas and Craftsman lathes were "compatible" is that Craftsman lathes were manufactured by Atlas and rebadged as a Craftsman.
There was only one Craftsman Metal lathe that was not an Atlas, it was a six inch model and had vee ways and was made by AA lathes or something like that.
I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone else lathes parts are gonna fit your Rockwell.
There is a guy in my area selling an old Rockwell on Craigslist. Been runnibg the ad on and off for months. email me at this address if you're interested and I'll look into it. wirewrkr@yahoo.com
Robert