PDA

View Full Version : has anyone here?????

Alistair Hosie
04-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Made a model of their lathe or mill etc .My old pal Fred has made some tech drawings to my specs for making an intricate model of my metal lathe.I have experience of woodworking quite a bit as I make furniture etc do spindle and bowlturning.In fact I just bought last year a brand new larger than life woodworking lathe with a 5 and a 1/2 foot bed.anyway I wondered if anyone here was likewise inclined and could you show us your efforts.I have done a lot of castings mostly gold and platinum in Thirty yuears of Dentistry so that should be no problem.Let us know Alistair excuse typing abit shakey tonight

Joel
04-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Lane has built an amazing little Bridgeport mill:

http://www.cp-tel.net/mary/Lmill.htm

old-biker-uk
04-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Here (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/remark/pages/workshop/projects/models/models.html) is one I made earlier !
Mark

Tim Clarke
04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Alistair, not to hijack your thread, but I have to say the Old Biker has a really cool pedal powered model. ME LIKE. Someday in my retirement I'd like to model in, say 1/4 scale, a pedal powered Dalton that a buddy has. Only trouble is, I'll have to pry his cold, dead fingers off it first.....

TC

Alistair Hosie
04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Ob.u.k I think we talked before re your fritz werner mill the same as mine how is it going?Alistair ps like your stuff very much by the way and your shop.

Alistair Hosie
04-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Joel I saw lanes stuff I dream or can only dream of making anything a fraction of his workmanship and skill.Alistair

old-biker-uk
04-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Alistair - Old Fritz is still going strong & earning it's living, still as scruffy as before if not worse (a bit like me)
Mark

Alistair Hosie
04-23-2008, 06:33 PM
get out of it Mark a more handsome, suave,good looking,well dressed ,sophisticated, intellectual,er I cant quite make out your hand writing still you get the message:DAlistair ps glad to hear about Fritz my old boss in germany was called fritz I still have bad dreams about it