PDA

View Full Version : A Topic NOT about Oil or Politics

Rustybolt
04-23-2008, 08:46 AM
it's about my nephew Christopher and his new(old)lathe.
The lathe, and old 9 inch Logan, was my grandfathers. My grandfather never even graduated from grade school, but he was the head tool maker in Stewart-Warner's instrument department. It was in the basement in his house in MtProspect Il. for as long as I can remember. It was the lathe I learned on. I made a brass cannon on it when I was about 11 or twelve. I think it was worn when my grandfather got it.
Many years pass.
It eventually wound up in my garage. I moved my family to the Fox River area and bought a South Bend K10 almost new. I didn't have room for too lathes,(actually I do. I can leave my wifes car out in the weather) so I gave it to my brother in law to make pool cues.
Many years pass.
My brother in law has acquired another 9 inch logan, in better shape, and a bigger bass boat. He has given the old Logan to my nephew. This weekend I'm going to help him move to my other brother in laws house. I'll set it up for him and show him some basics.
Then I will tell him about my grandfather.

Your Old Dog
04-23-2008, 09:09 AM
What?

You bragging? Got no Lawyers or Doctors in your family? Everyone works for a living? :D

snowman
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Too cool!

Does your nephew need anything? (other than a membership here)