PDA

View Full Version : Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" ...

Fasttrack
04-26-2008, 12:36 PM
I was listening to "The Rest of the Story" yesterday when I heard a funny one. Reminded me of a post here awhile back.

Anyhow, a bad check came through a bank on the east coast apparently. Upon reception of the check, the bank teller detected a fould odor and called in a hazmat crew. The whole bank was shut down and the crew sent in to investigate. It turns out that the foul odor was caused by machine oil which was transferred accidently from the man's hand to the check as he passed it through the drive through teller window. He was just off work and hadn't yet cleaned up. :rolleyes:

Scishopguy
04-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Probably a mechanic working on differentials. Nothing stinks to high heaven like Hypoid.......yuck!

Fasttrack
04-26-2008, 01:47 PM
No doubt! All though, its funny. I've sort of come to like the smell. Same with burned transmission fluid, coolant, etc. I guess I've got happy memories (even with the burned tranny fluid :eek: ) of working on stuff so now when I smell it they take me back to a cool garage in the spring working on whatever.

J Tiers
04-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Might not have been too funny to be held as a terrorist while the local GeheimSicherheitsDienst decides if you are spreading poisons and diseases.

IOWOLF
04-26-2008, 06:22 PM
The Funny part is the teller probably never got there hands that dirty to know what it smelled like.

Hell I knew a lady who didn't know what Gas smelled like , never had to, that STUFF was taken care of by her Hubby, Till he croaked, then she went to a care facility.

miker
04-26-2008, 07:50 PM
What, did she start eating his beans?

IOWOLF
04-27-2008, 08:25 AM
That would be Petrol for the silly foreigners.