PDA

View Full Version : Programing Hitachi VDF

gld
04-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Finally got the VDF working on my new Griz 519... That puppy is really nice.:D

When i power the unit up , it displays F004. I set it to display frequency( d001).
Every time I power up it goes back to F004.

OK here is a quote from the manual:

[If the inverter display is set to monitor a parameter and power down occurs, the inverter stores the present monitor function. For your convenience, the display automatically returns to the previously monitored parameter upon the next power up.]

Do I have a bad unit or am I just over looking a set up ?????

OR do I misunderstand what the manual states.

Bill Pace
04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Was this a Hitachi? I dont remember... anyhow, on my Hitachi I have to press 'save' on every setting as as I back out from any change I make ----

QSIMDO
04-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Mine does that as well.
Just second nature now to hit 1^ and FUNC and there's the HZ display.
Still...even though I have a gear head and shift it like a quad in a Mack it's a shame they just can't show RPM.

Dawai
04-27-2008, 10:22 PM
I've been putting in inverters since they were the size of a truck. Add a Phase reliance inverters were about that size.. for a 3hp... Late 70s. early 80s.

Had a Hitachi kick my rear a few months ago.. I spent long late hours on it. Never did figure out how to enable the remote run foot switch.

NO clue.. even unplugged the programming cube to make sure it was in right.

gld
04-28-2008, 09:22 AM
It's a damn shame with all the parameters that can be set in this unit, there is not one too make it default to your prefered....although is suppose too according to the manual:rolleyes: .

Sometimes I think computer programmers are total idiots:D They always leave out the simple things.

rmack898
04-28-2008, 10:03 AM
OK here is a quote from the manual:

[If the inverter display is set to monitor a parameter and power down occurs, the inverter stores the present monitor function. For your convenience, the display automatically returns to the previously monitored parameter upon the next power up.]

Do I have a bad unit or am I just over looking a set up ?????

OR do I misunderstand what the manual states.

I have 2 Hitachi's and they both do the same thing and this is normal operation. If you were running the machine and monitoring d001 (output frequency), this is a monitor "Function" and is what is stored upon power down. Upon power up the unit displays the previously monitored "Parameter" which in this case is group f, the basic frequency parameter profile (because your were monitoring output frequency). The key words in the manual are "function" and "parameter".

It is a PIA to have to reset to d001 and shift from program mode to monitor mode, but like QSIMDO says, it becomes second nature when you turn the power on. If you don't need to see the output frequency displayed, you can jsut start your machine with the f003 in the display and it will run just like always, you just won't see what the VFD's putput is.

gld
04-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Yesterday after powering up several times I noticed (DUH) it was coming up on frequency....have no idea what happened,
:confused: but it's working right now.:D