PDA

View Full Version : Not OT at all...Rebate check

QSIMDO
05-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Anyone seen their check yet?
I've got a low SS# and I hear they're going by that.

I've got tooling to buy!

topct
05-08-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

rubes
05-08-2008, 01:26 PM
got mine (direct deposit) late last week

QSIMDO
05-08-2008, 01:49 PM
What got me going on that is I tried calling sharpening services yesterday to do some endmills.

Now....this is Connecticut.
Used to be sharpening services around every corner.
There are still several but none that really want to fool with HSS and many who aren't doing much carbide either!

So unless I do my own, HSS is disposable tooling at best.
And with my eyes and hands the way they are I guess indexable tooling
is in my future.

So I need some bucks!
;)

wirewrkr
05-08-2008, 02:11 PM
got mine in direct deposit late last week too.
Robert

JRouche
05-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Hmmm, my mom has a last two of 02 and direct deposit, not there yet. Prolly no one to call either, the IRS, yeah right.. Mine is supposed to hit tomorrow, we will see. JR

Ryobiguy
05-09-2008, 12:42 AM
I've always wondered why they just don't reduce the amount you owe on the next tax filing date. Instead, our money loops in through their system, is subjected to internal frictions, and then some of it is bounced back to us.

How much does the process of the rebate cost?

JRouche
05-09-2008, 01:41 AM
I've always wondered why they just don't reduce the amount you owe on the next tax filing date. Instead, our money loops in through their system, is subjected to internal frictions, and then some of it is bounced back to us.

How much does the process of the rebate cost?

That wouldnt work for everyone. My tax base has changed.. Its a rebate from last years taxes as I understand it. Which works great for me, my tax base is a whole lot less this yeah due to unemployment, well, its actually called retirement but still the same. LOL

And for the cost of processing, not much. Say pennies on the dollar if that much. Figure the percentage, not the overall cost for processing. Take it down to the individual checks, or electronic deposit. Its a small fraction of what they are actually paying you. The major cost comes from the actual rebate. Which if you paid taxes you shouldnt care so much.. JR

winchman
05-09-2008, 04:42 AM
My SSN ends in a high number, so I'm supposed to get mine in July. All the stuff in the stores will be gone by then. :(

Roger

clutch
05-09-2008, 06:37 AM
For a country that claims we need more resources for every thing government offers, this 'stimulus' (vote buying) by those in office wanting to stay in office is insane. There is bipartisanism in action.

I'm going to get my septic tank pumped with part of it since a load of ---- seems to be an appropriate use for this load of ----.

At least I'll spend it in my local economy.

Btw, 39, deposit 5/6.

Clutch

winchman
05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
"I'm going to get my septic tank pumped......."

There's a company in Tallahassee that pumps septic tank. Their motto is:
We want your stinkin' business.

Roger