PDA

View Full Version : Site very slow this morning?

torker
05-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Anyone else having that problem?
Geez.. I didn't light the woodstove last night but it's not that cold in here...lol!

J Tiers
05-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Yep, it refused to come up at all for a while.

Every other place on the web popped up right away.

Bill Pace
05-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Yep,-- Ive just got on after about 10-15 mins trying.....

JoeFin
05-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Been receiving 404 errors for the last 2 hours

mark61
05-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Same here-refused to come up first time I tried.

Have some problems with other sites too. Think it is related to Microsoft giving up on trying to buy Yahoo? Maybe they are using other methods now? Bill Gates does own some of them black heliocopters right? :)

mark61

snowman
05-10-2008, 11:45 AM
yup, wouldn't load for me too....i was forced to go out in the garage and work

oh the shame

but hey, i've got a belt sander for deburring now...yippeee

Evan
05-10-2008, 12:37 PM
It was down for an hour or two a couple of days ago too. It could be reached but no cigar. Nixon may be doing some maintenance.

George Bulliss
05-10-2008, 12:59 PM
The problems a few days ago had to do with some off site issues. I was told that IT was going to do some work on our company network today but I didn't think it would affect the board, hard telling with those guys.

George

bruto
05-10-2008, 05:32 PM
This morning I got a "cannot find" message that the entire HSM site could not be found by the DNS server. Did the site change IP numbers, perhaps?

Deja Vu
05-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I was on perusing when it went off here. I had just been reading how a new firmware on my router may cause a failure in one of its chips if set too aggressive, but that it could recover by unplugging for a few minutes. So I thought I was a candidate for that malfunction. Usually I make a quick call to the providor to confirm a problem...but hesitated because trying to talk with a recording that wants to walk you through resetting their modum before finally passing you on to a real person is exasperating!
Anyway, after fiddling with cables, reboots, bypassing the router, I had a bright moment and called the providor, ready to say "no" and "yes" or "I don't understand" (which sometimes has good results) several dozen times before getting a live voice. What an actual relief it was to immediately get a recorded voice that said..."we are experiencing problems".

Too_Many_Tools
05-11-2008, 02:10 PM
The problems a few days ago had to do with some off site issues. I was told that IT was going to do some work on our company network today but I didn't think it would affect the board, hard telling with those guys.

George

George, the worst day on HSM is better than the best day on PM.

Let your support people know that they are doing a great job.

And so are you.

Thanks for a great resource.

TMT

Swarf&Sparks
05-11-2008, 02:17 PM
nope

Carld
05-11-2008, 06:18 PM
There were some kind of changes made because the link I used was to the home page and today 5/11 I got a page with Allen on it with a log in box. Well I didn't know what to think and asked about it on the PM site. Someone posted the bbs link and I used it and I am here now. I guess there is a new owner or sponser or something.