View Full Version : I can't make out how it's used c'mon guys tell me

Alistair Hosie
05-10-2008, 03:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATHE-TURNING-TOOL-HOLDER-10mm-BUTTON-TIP_W0QQitemZ190220985306QQihZ009QQcategoryZ112399 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How on earth does this work.Unless I am missing something obvious! Alistair

05-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Alistair, its not unlike the little profiling tool I recently purchased:


They're nice tools. This one has the insert at a right angle, presumably so you can go at the face with it, or perhaps even do some inside boring on a big hole. It's a curious looking design, I'll admit. The angle of the holder below the insert makes me thing you could trepan with it--in other words cut a groove or inside cavity on the face of your workpiece.



Mark McGrath
05-10-2008, 05:10 PM
It`s for face grooving.Right hand cutting,so only of use in manual machines or cnc with a front/bottom turret.Used to buy a lot from that seller until he put his postage away up to get more profit.He will not consolidate postage either so om my give it a miss list.

05-10-2008, 06:03 PM
it's a trepanning tool. It looks like it's used in some pupose built machine.

05-10-2008, 07:13 PM
it's a trepanning tool. It looks like it's used in some pupose built machine

Although it looks a tad short, perhaps an automotive brake disc lathe or such??