PDA

View Full Version : So , am I going to get an explanation?

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Am I going to get an explanation as to why My mill thread got locked,George?

A PM would have been nice, but I guess that would have been too much trouble, Yes I am pissed.:mad:

Dawai
05-12-2008, 08:29 AM
No.. I didn't do it.. Nor suggest it.
I'd say Cause you had your spurs on..

Be happy, not so antagonistic. Come on down to Georgia, watch a sunrise, drink some coffee on the porch. Life is good.

George Bulliss
05-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Yes Iowolf, I could have sent a PM describing my actions to you. Of course, you could have sent your message to me as a PM, but I guess you prefer to take things public. In the spirit of ďgoing publicĒ Iíll save myself the trouble of sending the PM I had planned for this morning and simply post it here.

You were the first to take the invasion thread to the gutter. As I mentioned before, it does Village Press no good to have new members scared away on their first visit. I spent a good part of my weekend monitoring the site, something I donít want to do on a regular basis. Locking your thread just seemed easier than babysitting you all night. Of all the regulars on the site, you cause me the most work.

I am sorry that the locked thread has pissed you off so much. I promise to not lock any more of your threads. Next time I get a headache from you I will simply take the direct approach and hit that big delete button under your name. Have a nice day.

George

lenord
05-12-2008, 09:53 AM
IOWOLF,

:confused: I dunno why your riser thread got locked either. That thread looked fine to me. You wrote something somewhere else so the riser thread got locked ?
Oh, just saw something David quoted about one line of your post. We all run the risk of being booted off this forum for that ? I thought you were referring to the welds on the riser.........really. Ill go read the other post.

Seems George is might touchy IMO. I'll just ignore anything from/about/referencing the new member then, sheesh.

Lenord

George Bulliss
05-12-2008, 10:13 AM
The riser thread contained Thegurl in the title. Thegurl was also mentioned in the posts several times, nothing bad but I had no idea were it was heading. Had the thread come up earlier it most likely would not have been locked, but I was done with Thegurl threads by that time. I locked the thread, turned off the computer, and went downstairs to my family.

George

lenord
05-12-2008, 10:18 AM
George,

Got it.
Thanks.

Lenord

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 12:54 PM
In My opinion ALL the Torker and TheGurl threads should have been Locked also, Or didn't we want to Offend a Newby,or thegurl?

So George ,Let me get this straight,You locked a legitimate thread for something I was supposed to have said on another thread, Now there is Justice for ya.
I am sure this thread will get locked also or even disappear.

Just so you stay on the up and up PM me and show me what it was that I said on the Invasion thread.
Thanx, Jay

RobbieKnobbie
05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
he didn't lock the riser block thread for something you said somewhere else, take a look at the title you put on that thread...

And now for a machining topic,I hope the Gurl don't mind.

That was inappropriate, regardless of the content of the thread. You're implying it was the gurl that steered the 'invasion' thread off topic, or perhaps she's not here to discuss machining.

It wasn't her that took that thread into 'the gutter.' It would have been more appropriate to title it...

'And now for a machining topic,I hope everyone who's distracted by the Gurl don't mind.'

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 01:25 PM
RobbieKnobbie,
So, you know what I was thinking now? Not even close.

I was referring to all the other threads about the gurl,3 so far, and they were all going down hill, so I was questioning if it was ok If I got back on topic.

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Locking your thread just seemed easier than babysitting you all night. Of all the regulars on the site, you cause me the most work.

I am sorry that the locked thread has pissed you off so much. I promise to not lock any more of your threads. Next time I get a headache from you I will simply take the direct approach and hit that big delete button under your name. Have a nice day.

George

George, I would elect you president of the united states of america, finally somebody with a nut sack ----------------- UBjackal, have you finally figured out who's in charge now?:rolleyes: Well done.

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 01:49 PM
FUQ A.K.Bummer, You are a Dick, and have been since you got here.

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 01:53 PM
And while we are talking about it, Show me where I was disrespectful to the Gurl in the Riser thread, George(heavy Finger )Bulliss. Or anyone show me, for that matter.

C'mon step up to the plate.

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 01:54 PM
FUQ A.K.Bummer, You are a Dick, and have been since you got here.

This is just in case you go to re-edit:D

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 01:55 PM
And while we are talking about it, Show me where I was disrespectful to the Gurl in the Riser thread, George(heavy Finger )Bulliss. Or anyone show me, for that matter.

This one too -- can you say - OOOP's:)

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Never, I meant what I said, If you don't like it I will meet you outside.

dp
05-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Am I going to get an explanation as to why My mill thread got locked,George?

A PM would have been nice, but I guess that would have been too much trouble, Yes I am pissed.:mad:

The fact that you think you are owed anything is probably at the root of your problem here. There's nothing democratic about the business of running a BBS and board ops are not required to explain the obvious. If you work hard to draw attention to yourself you should not be surprised when you get that attention.

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 02:03 PM
DP, No one asked you, so But out.

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Never, I meant what I said, If you don't like it I will meet you outside.

Funny you should mention "outside":p

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Funny you should mention "outside":p

This makes as much sense as you ever did.

Patch
05-12-2008, 02:16 PM

Well here we are sports fans and the game is getting really hot. Were at the bottom of the 9th with bases loaded and the count is now at 3 and 2.
What a game it's been thus far. As you may recall, not long ago in the first game of the season when these two teams played, due to a blunder during the last inning, team management shut down the local players hard.
Could this now be a chance to even up the score?

Wait a minute fans, the coach has called for a timeout. He's walking out to the mound and is having a little chat with the current pitcher. Now the two of them are walking to the dug-out as George (a rookie pitcher)has been called in to finish the games final few minutes.

What a game. The crowd is yelling and shouting as the new pitcher is starting his windup.

Here's the pitch,-----------------

Oh George, where are you George? :D

Damn, I just wet myself. Must be due the stress of the game.

Where's my popcorn?

Patch

IOWOLF
05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Bottom of the 9th is right.

Do I strike out or walk?

I friggin walk, see ya, its been fun.

rantbot
05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I was done with Thegurl threads by that time.
Damn right.

Though in my case I was done with them right from the start.

A little novelty is one thing, but when it degenerates to persistent puerile drivel, it's time for it to go.

BobWarfield
05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Good call Mr Moderator.

Although I have no idea what the offending remarks were because I am a big proponent of the Ignore list. Amazing how much the noise level goes down with even a couple of the worst offenders added.

Move on, nothing happening here. Just the new sheriff making clear the times are a changin'.

Cheers,

BW

dp
05-12-2008, 03:16 PM
DP, No one asked you, so But out.

Still trying to take over as moderator, I see. When you chose to go public with your snivel you gave up all management of who responds.

Chipslinger
05-12-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't see why he can't ask the rest of us to stay out of it. Though he could be more POLITE about it.

Did he change his Sig line? That kind of eliminates all doubt , doesn't it.

Fasttrack
05-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Yep I can see both sides on this issue. I swore I'd stay out of it, but here I am :o

I like Iowolf well enough. He knows what he's about but he's a little irascible sometimes. I think that his comments regarding one of our newest members were inappropriate as they tend to "objectize" her. Unfortunantly, that is easy to do when your online. Its hard to remember that there are people behind the names and they have feelings just like anyone else. But for guys like Iowolf, a gentle suggestion goes alot farther than blatantly calling him out for his "misdeeds". I think Geogre has done a great job acting as moderator but some of the other board members here need to realize two things. 1) don't take what Iowolf says personally and 2) don't get in a shouting argument with him ... some gentle persuasion is much more effective. The honey instead of the stick, i think ;)

Seriously though - based on Iowolf's last post ... has he left the forum? Thats too bad, he'll go down in history like millman. Hopefully we can get the whole situation resolved and keep this a happy, albeit diverse, board.

Thanks again to George for doing his job. Don't misconstrue anything I've said to sound like I've got a problem with locking or even deleting threads when neccessary.

snowman
05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't understand what the issue is.

maybe i missed some really bad comments, but if we are going to punish someone for outwardly making the comments, lets also punish those that goad and push for the comments, or are continuously involved in petty ignorant arguements.

this board sucks as of late, PM sucks, chaski sucks...

So where did everyone move off to? Did they give up with the internet? Is there some new fangled communication method?

i think i'll go start a thread about converting a 10" import tablesaw into a horizontal cnc machining center, or maybe how to convert my food processor into a wet grinder, god, the ideas, they just keep coming to me

John Stevenson
05-12-2008, 06:40 PM

Give the man anything from the second shelf.
Never has a truer word been said or printed..........

PM doesn't seem too bad but is aimed at the commercial guy.

Chaski isn't worth the band width it's resting on unless your name is Harold...........

dp
05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't understand what the issue is.

Pick one:

1) IOWolf is trying hard to make this a better place

2) George Bullis is trying hard to make this a better place

Frank Ford
05-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Chaski isn't worth the band width it's resting on unless your name is Harold...........

John -

Sorry if I seem a bit obtuse, but I don't think I understand your meaning. Are you referring to the Home Machinist Forum? Seems like a clean little dance floor over there.

I agree, though, that this forum has been a bit rough lately. When I first got to reading these things, it was my first choice place, now it's #3. I moderate two forums (fora?) and although I don't have to hit the delete button often, I do it without hesitation when personal sniping, politics, religion and other nonsense appears.

BobWarfield
05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Frank and John, I know you disagree, but thanks for bringing up Chaski. I hadn't been there in ages, went to check it out, and was pleasantly surprised by a whole raft of on-topic good machinist stuff to read.

The other board I spend a lot of time on these days is HMEM.

Thanks!

BW

S_J_H
05-12-2008, 07:33 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/S_J_H/misc/claster2.gif

"Romper, bomper, stomper, boo.
Tell me, tell me, tell me do.
Magic mirror, tell me today.
Did all my friends have fun at play?"

snowman
05-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Pick one:

1) IOWolf is trying hard to make this a better place

2) George Bullis is trying hard to make this a better place

Pick one to ban:

1) Iowolf was a seasoned contributor who has been with this board for as long as I can remember, whom has shared his experience and projects with us for 7 years, and though he has a bad attitude at times, he has always been willing to help. To me, he is very reminiscent of the machinist in any shop I have ever worked in...a pissy exterior who's always willing to help you, if you approach him properly...meaning, not jumping up and down asking for attention.

2) The Gurl could very well be some guy sitting behind a keyboard wearing womens panties getting off at on all the extra attention his new screen name is garnering amongst a group of undersexed men who spend too much time in their shops.

Sorry, but I consider my choices to have the same relevance as yours, adding the fact that you picked a little fight with wolfie earlier as well, we should probably add you to the list of potentials, after all, you don't seem to be one for preserving the peace. Hell, why don't we just add everyone...well, everyone except Evan, he can continue to listen to light speak to him and debate himself using proper American Parliamentary Debate rules...and whatever else he does.

lazlo
05-12-2008, 08:11 PM
John -

Sorry if I seem a bit obtuse, but I don't think I understand your meaning. Are you referring to the Home Machinist Forum? Seems like a clean little dance floor over there.

It's a clean little dance floor as long as you agree with everything Harold says.

Chaski has their own style of pissing contests. This is an amusing one:

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?t=78886

Mcgyver
05-12-2008, 08:22 PM
christ this is boring, isn't anyone making anything? Too many here are acting like a bunch of old ninnies who have no drama so they create it.

ok, a pic of something metal is what's needed....maybe to stop the BS. pic of my cam mechanism for a hit and miss i'm making - anyone else made anthing or all you all too busy with "oh my gosh, did you hear what such and such said?" ???? :D

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/michael0100/hitnmissforupping.jpg

Chipslinger
05-12-2008, 08:27 PM
OH NO, You posted a machining pic, now this thread will be locked like wolfies "and now for a Machining topic"Thread.

mochinist
05-12-2008, 08:32 PM
christ this is boring, isn't anyone making anything? Too many here are acting like a bunch of old ninnies who have no drama so they create it.

ok, a pic of something metal is what's needed....maybe to stop the BS. pic of my cam mechanism for a hit and miss i'm making - anyone else made anthing or all you all too busy with "oh my gosh, did you hear what such and such said?" ???? :D

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/michael0100/hitnmissforupping.jpg
IOPUPPY will be missed he was fun :)

I made this, it is a weld fixture for the seat backs on the bradley fighting vehicle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/mochinist/harcoweldfixture.jpg

lane
05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I read tis forum each and every day and offer help when I can.
But for some reason lately , may be it is the price of Gas some people here have been acting like a bunch of old widow women and trying to start a ruckus. Calm down folks we are here to discuss building something not to pick on some one else weather we like them are not. . i have never met any of you and don`
t think many of yall have meet each other ether.
So be nice and get along with each other this is all we got.

dp
05-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Oh sure - I got my Whipp shaper table ratchet painted and assembled with all the new parts. I'm pulling the table off this weekend for cleanup and paint.

http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/machinery/assembled_ratchet.jpg

It used to look like this:
http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/machinery/whipp/DSC00816-r.jpg

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Mochinist and Mcgyver, nice work, Mosh, why the concern with all the lightening? is this a fairly large unit that has to be moved around allot? not complaining (cuz of how cool it looks)

Chipslinger
05-12-2008, 08:53 PM
The Gurl needs to teach you how to weld.

Now if that don't get this locked, Nuttin will. :)

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer
Funny you should mention "outside"

This makes as much sense as you ever did.

How ironic, the only way he could have understood this is if he was truly "outside" -- but now that he is it will never be brought to his attention again to understand, so he wont, not that he would have if he was here either for other reasons but still -- do you see what i mean?:)

J Tiers
05-12-2008, 09:05 PM
2) The Gurl could very well be some guy sitting behind a keyboard wearing womens panties getting off at on all the extra attention his new screen name is garnering amongst a group of undersexed men who spend too much time in their shops.

That seems inappropriate, considering another long-term contributor has vouched for the person in question................... who happens to be his employee....

I have no problem with a good debate.... Evan and otehrs can be very persistent, and it is usually not a problem.

some folks take it farther to the playground name-calling and personal insult stage (as in this very thread, immortalized by AK), at which time I would give them a week or two of time-out, assuming I ever remembered to re-enable their login.....

I know it is a bit subtle, at least for some, but there IS a difference between debate/argument, and name-calling etc.

Good work George B !

toastydeath
05-12-2008, 09:18 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/toastydeath/memes/billstickersisinnocent.jpg

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Iowolf was a seasoned contributor who has been with this board for as long as I can remember, whom has shared his experience and projects with us for 7 years, and though he has a bad attitude at times, he has always been willing to help. To me, he is very reminiscent of the machinist in any shop I have ever worked in...a pissy exterior who's always willing to help you, if you approach him properly...meaning, not jumping up and down asking for attention.

Surely you jest, i do not know of anybody on the board who has as many posts as he does without any info whatsoever,,, not even a fun fact, and in fact quite the opposite, he needs to go see a proctologist and get that small piece of furniture he's got stuffed up there removed.
As far as helping people -- who?
Iv seen newbie after newbie wiped off the board by that jackass, Great minds by the way, guys who really had something to contribute, good riddance, he will be missed about as much as a massive piece of mucoid plaque - in fact, i think its most of his composition...

Yes im a smartass as are many, big difference is if George says "cool it" I will,
Im smart enough to realize im just a guest, And Im sure allot smarter to realize that guests should not be the one to tell him how its going to be, place gets out of hand -- roll a head on the floor.:cool: What better head to roll than the jackals? None ------- OFF WITH IT:eek: :) :cool:

Snowman, your wrong --- and you also have bad taste (not in just the jackal)
Your description of what the "gurl" might be is way-out uncalled for sick and twisted, come up with something else to prove a point.

snowman
05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Inappropriate? Possibly...but can you prove otherwise?

Maybe Torker is actually "the gurl"...sitting back, having a good laugh at us all, making such a fuss over a member of the opposite sex. But then, with him being such a long-term contributor, it is doubtful that he would do such a thing, such joking is obviously beyond him. What's better is that it is the perfect ploy, as it is expected that any investigation will show that both usernames post from the same IP address.

Let's bring this thread on topic. I am not a subscriber to the magazines, never have been, likely never will be...I do however purchase it at the newsstand when I see something that interests me.

I haven't purchased a copy in over a year. Part of this is likely my interest level, I recently moved, didn't have constant access to the shop, etc...part of this is the quality of the articles and the quality of the board in itself. Yes, this board does make the articles that much more interesting. I will buy an article that I have zero interest in, just to read, if it is a project that I have seen or read about on here.

Where have the knowledgeable posters went? Where have the interesting articles went? I just got my "free issue" of digital machinist, I'm not impressed.

I miss the long time members, whom have left the board, likely due to LACK of moderating. It is sad, I feel as if the PM site is over moderated, much like Chaski, but this site is sorely undermoderated. How many times can the same question be asked, and recieve the same answer? Heck, I rag on Evan's threads, not because I think poorly of Evan...frankly, some of the stuff he does is neat as hell, but because this board seems to worship him and everything he does. He could post a picture of a turd in a toilet bowl and everyone would oooh and ahhh as if it were the best turd ever created, then someone would tell him that he obviously has a perfect balance of fiber in his diet, to which he would explain the chemical makeup of fiber, which someone would claim was a lie, and the worthless debate would begin.

I'm just hoping that at some point, this board gets over the petty BS and gets back on topic...but then I'm not overly helpful on that avenue either.

rantbot
05-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Chaski has their own style of pissing contests. This is an amusing one:

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?t=78886

Hahahaha, I remember that one. It was, however, at least on-topic.

What bugs me about Chaski is the guy who keeps posting enormous links, which widen the whole thread to the point that I have to scroll back & forth sideways just to read a sentence. By my age I don't think it's wise to abuse my poor wrist with such a workout.

In other words, Chaski is bad for my health.

mochinist
05-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Mochinist and Mcgyver, nice work, Mosh, why the concern with all the lightening? is this a fairly large unit that has to be moved around allot? not complaining (cuz of how coot it looks)Well they found it dissipates the heat faster and the fixture moves around less because of less heat expansion. It goes on a robotic welder and that thing only stops to be loaded.

:D Originally though all those lightening holes were mostly a case of a new fixture designer with solidworks and no idea what certain kinds of features can do for machining cost/time. The new ones I have made have a solid base that doesnt look nearly as cool, but the risers still have all the holes in them.

toastydeath
05-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Where have the knowledgeable posters went? Where have the interesting articles went? I just got my "free issue" of digital machinist, I'm not impressed.

This board is based around digital machinist? Are you serious?

My dad saw it and sent me a copy. It's okay, I guess.

torker
05-12-2008, 10:00 PM

Thanks snowman... lets add that to "the talking dog" and "the sideshow" she's been called already.
She is real and she can't believe this place. She read a bunch of this stuff at lunchtime today.. she won't be posting much anytime soon.
As for wolfie getting his thread locked... look at the other infamous posts.. who are the ones who wouldn't leave her be?
She never came here looking for a date...or pictures of old guys..or all the other stuff.
To be honest.. I didn't think that would happen here.
FWIW.. to the ones crying about the other threads NOT being locked.. I told George to lock one of them if he wanted to. Guess he chose not to.
I guess he also laid the ground rules for something new here... good on him I say.
Russ

oldtiffie
05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
OK.

Putting aside the unfortunate heading that Wolfie put on the/his locked post; the "attitude" problem that he may or may not have and the way some have rushed in and "got in for their licks" when he was seen to be "down", the machining item he posted was of interest to me.

Yep, Wolfie's "mill riser" project.

I am not going to "reference" either the thread or the posts with the "riser" in them nor am I going to reference the posts that refer to and only to the "riser".

I am not going to "borrow" Wolfie's very good pics and re-post them here either.

Those that may want to refer to those posts can do it for themselves.

I thought and still think that the "riser" project was an excellent item as it showed a lot on planning, machining ability and execution. And it worked.

I've seen a few of these types of projects on this forum and this one of Wolfie's was as good as any and better than most.

I've seen a lot of small mills extended in similar ways. I see them in some of the small mills and 3-in-1 machines in the HSM magazine advertisements and in the premises of the Dealer from whom I get most of my stuff.

I wanted to know if Wolfie had the ends as plates or disks; how they were cut and how he got through the cut surfaces. I guess that the gussets had a 45 degree cut-offs on the ends where they abutted the tube and the flanges so that there were no "stop-starts" of "colliding" weld-paths but sufficient room for the electrode to get through and past the 45 degree gap. (This is common practice in structural steel and pipe-line work).

I'd have liked to know how he set-up and/or set-out the drilled holes in the flanges ie whether he marked it out on the bench, did it on a rotary table or used his mill Digital Read-outs (DRO's) and why he chose the method he did.

He did leave the whole she-bang "as is" - welding and all -with no dressing-up or grinding or painting, so we could see just how well he had done.

I thought the way he lifted the mill-head and inserted the riser was brilliant.

Other than the perhaps unfortunate heading and recent chain of events, I thought that in that context Wolfie's thread should have been a good "circuit-breaker".

I'd like Wolfie to re-post that thread and finish it off.

In the event that he does, I would hope that some of his comments are no more caustic than some of the rest of us and that those who may be inclined to "poke sticks" or other stuff or provoke any unfortunate responses will contain themselves to appropriate levels.

snowman
05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Surely you jest, i do not know of anybody on the board who has as many posts as he does without any info whatsoever,,, not even a fun fact, and in fact quite the opposite, he needs to go see a proctologist and get that small piece of furniture he's got stuffed up there removed.
As far as helping people -- who?
Iv seen newbie after newbie wiped off the board by that jackass, Great minds by the way, guys who really had something to contribute, good riddance, he will be missed about as much as a massive piece of mucoid plaque - in fact, i think its most of his composition...

Yes im a smartass as are many, big difference is if George says "cool it" I will,
Im smart enough to realize im just a guest, And Im sure allot smarter to realize that guests should not be the one to tell him how its going to be, place gets out of hand -- roll a head on the floor.:cool: What better head to roll than the jackals? None ------- OFF WITH IT:eek: :) :cool:

Snowman, your wrong --- and you also have bad taste (not in just the jackal)
Your description of what the "gurl" might be is way-out uncalled for sick and twisted, come up with something else to prove a point.

Oh, I dont know...it seems that in reviewing the first few pages of threads he has posted to, he's on topic about 1/4 of the time, giving useful information...about the same amount of time you are on topic, giving useful information, if not a little more.

Likely, if one were to review the post history of many of the long time contributors, you'd find the same ratio.

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 10:04 PM
He could post a picture of a turd in a toilet bowl and everyone would oooh and ahhh as if it were the best turd ever created, then someone would tell him that he obviously has a perfect balance of fiber in his diet, to which he would explain the chemical makeup of fiber, which someone would claim was a lie, and the worthless debate would begin.

Snowman -- your twisted --- as far as the gurl thing you should never have to go there, Your wrong and its not right... period. If you show up to see Russel and He's dressed that way (oh god i think i just made myself sick) and you actually see him hit the send button then hell yeah let it rip ------ we however dont need that fuqeing seed planted,,, Now theres going to be some kinda uptight conversation at work with the two where Russ is like kicking at a bunch of dirt on the floor and says something like "you know the guys kinda think im you you know"

Dude --- fut the wuk bro -- dont even go there.

But i gotta say, I was kinda upset with you and then I read about Evan's turd!
It killed me, I was already extra exuberant with the death of the Jackal and then this:p
Its exactly how it would go -- and yes it would end in an argument - It was genius, the perfect turd...

toastydeath
05-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Dietary fiber is a lie perpetrated by the government to control your bowels.

ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS CLEARLY RETARDED AND SHOULD BE BANNED

A.K. Boomer
Oh, I dont know...it seems that in reviewing the first few pages of threads he has posted to, he's on topic about 1/4 of the time, giving useful information...about the same amount of time you are on topic, giving useful information, if not a little more.

Likely, if one were to review the post history of many of the long time contributors, you'd find the same ratio.

You forgot to throw in his welcoming way with Newbies, you might as well try to sell that along with all the other crap your peddling:rolleyes:

rantbot
lets add that to "the talking dog" and "the sideshow" she's been called already
You're the one who presented her that way, right from the beginning.

Go back and look at your own "gurl" posts. Wake up, turkey.

Evan
05-12-2008, 10:15 PM
http://vts.bc.ca/pics/bssign.gif

toastydeath
05-12-2008, 10:18 PM
http://vts.bc.ca/pics/bssign.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/toastydeath/memes/iapproveofthispost-1.jpg

snowman
05-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Dietary fiber is a lie perpetrated by the government to control your bowels.

ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS CLEARLY RETARDED AND SHOULD BE BANNED

Who can lead an uprising when they have to visit the loo every fifteen minutes to deposit a less than perfect turd?

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 10:23 PM
It goes on a robotic welder and that thing only stops to be loaded.

That makes allot of sense, Time frames, if it was a one time once in awhile mass can be in your favor, If its repetitive then go for the surface area with ventilation (cooling) (within reason). Nice work.

toastydeath
05-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Who can lead an uprising when they have to visit the loo every fifteen minutes to deposit a less than perfect turd?

I have a really awesome picture that is on-topic for this, but I can't post it here. One, it's inappropriate, and two, I'm pretty sure nobody would get it.

I guess that's what I get for browsing 4chan, a bunch of hilarious pictures too obscene to show to anyone, ever.

snowman
05-12-2008, 10:25 PM
You're the one who presented her that way, right from the beginning.

Torker,

I will gladly admit that you did not present her as being a man in panties. That creation was a product of my well twisted mind (guilty as charged).

mochinist
05-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I have a really awesome picture that is on-topic for this, but I can't post it here. One, it's inappropriate, and two, I'm pretty sure nobody would get it.

I guess that's what I get for browsing 4chan, a bunch of hilarious pictures too obscene to show to anyone, ever.sup /b/ ;):cool:

torker
snowman.. I do see your point though.. lotta weird crap out there.

rantbot
..... pain in the crank posting software .....

dp
05-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks snowman... lets add that to "the talking dog" and "the sideshow" she's been called already.
She is real and she can't believe this place. She read a bunch of this stuff at lunchtime today.. she won't be posting much anytime soon.

There's a reason many airports have waiting areas that are women-only. It's because some men never learn to respect themselves. I've always wondered if it's an accident that churlish and childish are such similar sounding words and so applicable to men who are very uncomfortable in their own skins. Case in point: iowolf never asked me to post a picture and my sig was just dp when I joined this group. When provided a member self-identified as being from a group he has no respect for he went to the sewer faster than a rat with a rotting biscuit.

And now we have Snowman fantasizing about fellow members. I get the feeling we need to drop trou to pass muster not that I give a rip what people with homophobic and sexist traits think. It's a sad state when people act vocalize pre-emptively based on their fantasies.

Past time to lock the thread.

torker
05-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Holy Geezuz.. I just flipped through a couple pages.. were is this going? Lighten up a bit.
wolfie will be back.. he left PM in a huff a few years ago.. I see him posting there in the last while.
And I do not agree that he should be banned... if that really is an issue... he's just crabby ol' wolfie..

torker
05-12-2008, 10:35 PM
There's a reason many airports have waiting areas that are women-only. It's because some men never learn to respect themselves. I've always wondered if it's an accident that churlish and childish are such similar sounding words and so applicable to men who are very uncomfortable in their own skins. Case in point: iowolf never asked me to post a picture and my sig was just dp when I joined this group. When provided a member self-identified as being from a group he has no respect for he went to the sewer faster than a rat with a rotting biscuit.

And now we have Snowman fantasizing about fellow members. I get the feeling we need to drop trou to pass muster not that I give a rip what people with homophobic and sexist traits think. It's a sad state when people act vocalize pre-emptively based on their fantasies.

Past time to lock the thread.
Dennis.. I agreed with the first part of your post... then read the last part.. then blew coffee out my nose... LOL!

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 10:37 PM
This is the best thread EVER, Dennis, your heavy bro, it took me two reads and well worth it, (yes im drinking but still your "heavy")
Once again LMAO:p

toastydeath
05-12-2008, 10:38 PM
as being a man in panties.

We had a guy who would dress up in a skirt/panties at my old community college. This dude was like, 40, at least. The worst part was he wasn't even making an attempt to look like a woman; he was just a crossdresser. His legs looked like a damned carpet.

I can totally get behind whatever flag a person wants to wave. But could a person at least give it some effort? It's bad enough to see a dude in pink spandex bootie shorts and a halter top, but the hair too? Really? Do we really, really need to see ALL of that at once?

When your gay friends gag, you know something is wrong.

sup /b/ ;):cool:

shooop da whooooop

snowman
05-12-2008, 10:38 PM

If you are busy building your fantasy snowman, please add coprophilia to the list of traits, I'm sure it should be right up your alley. That is, with the line of BS you seem to have ready to spew forth at any given time.

Goodnight all!

snowman
05-12-2008, 10:42 PM
I can totally get behind whatever flag a person wants to wave.

Ok, with the direction this thread has went, I can do nothing but laugh at that statement.

A.K. Boomer
05-12-2008, 10:44 PM
he's just crabby ol' wolfie..

Torker, He's an ass, You do not dictate to the moderator on "how its going to be", You do not "call him out" on his own forum - I totally commend George - in fact it could not have gone any other way - Put the hammer down, Jackal got a firm dose of reality -- thats how its gonna "be".

Mcgyver
05-12-2008, 11:14 PM
... he's just crabby ol' wolfie..

wolfie who?

:D

torker
05-12-2008, 11:20 PM
AK.. I know you two don't like each other.. if I remember right you never did.
Guess you're right about the mod thing.
Myself.. When I first came here I had all the usual noob dilemas.
Jay tried to help me out to get a machine. He's also given me some useful advice with the turret lathe stuff. All through PM's... nobody else knew.
I (like others here) just got used to him.
Maybe it's got worse.. I never noticed til the gurl drama.
Russ

Dawai
05-12-2008, 11:28 PM
YES< IO's first rude comment on the invasion thread was a comment about a foreskin around a neck.
I asked him to apologize.. that and several other comments disappeared.

I'm pretty tired of the crap. I lost my temper today with two other members and said some colorful language in pms. I don't like doing that, cause I will be angry for a month now. Too much hillbilly in me. I would pm back and apologize, but I don't feel sorry for it.. so I won't.

New people coming into the forum see behavior like this and think it is alright to be that way. People need to respect each other.

There needs to be a COMPLAINT BUTTON there to report a thread when it goes awry. ALSO, there needs to be a chat forum where anything can go, and one for just machine work so we can distance ourselves from the crap when it fills you up to here.

When it ain't fun anymore, It ain't worth the effort. I'm off to bed now.

A.K. Boomer
05-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Russ, your experience was much better than mine, My very first post (you can go back and check) was trying to be helpful with a DRO system that I not only heard reviews on this site (when just lurking) but wanted to share info. after i bought it, He was very rude and way out of line and accused me of trying to use the site to sell stuff, I actually almost wanted to do what most other newbies do and not re-post -- but I got some support and also gave him a spanking, It was not without repercussions however as it put me on the defense for a long long time, its no way to get introduced -- its why im also so adamant at trying to help a noob along the way, ESP. with the first few posts...
Enough water went under the bridge and a year or two ago I tried (for all the board to see) to make some gallant efforts on patching things up -- just for the sake of getting along as we both were becoming a total nuisance to the board --- I ended up getting re-slammed, so be it, I gave it a try, I really hope he's gone for good, I believe we have lost out on some great people because of him.

dp
05-13-2008, 01:04 AM
I really hope he's gone for good, I believe we have lost out on some great people because of him.

You could replace him with a digital graffiti wall and still come out ahead

http://www.nemisys.uk.com/games/graffiti.asp

torker
05-13-2008, 01:09 AM
AK.. ok, I remember that now. You did have a rough time here alright.
RE, Davids post.. the foreskin bit. Wolf did PM me, asked me to apologize to the gurl about things in the thread. I said it wasn't a big deal to her. This was before I knew about the foreskin comment, etc. I never saw that.. it had been deleted and I was told about it later.
That's what pissed me off so bad and started the birdbrain thing... it all went downhill after that.
Anyway... like David.. I'm really tired of all this crap and I bow out now.
Russ

oldtiffie
05-13-2008, 01:34 AM
OK.

Those opportunists who saw the chance to shred Wolfie when for whatever reason he was not able nor here to defend himself need to take a very good look at themselves.

This has in large part been something I thought I'd never see again over 40 years ago.

It was a "full-on" shark feeding frenzy!!

I was on an OZ Navy ship at anchor in a deep-water sheltered anchorage that had heaps of sharks in it on the East Coast of OZ.

One of the pastimes was to bait a big hook with off-cut meat and fat from a bullock and tie it with a chain to a sealed 4 gallon drum which acted as a float which in turn was tied to the ship. Poured some meat juice and gutted fish into the water with it. The sharks would circle than one would, be hooked and because of insufficient water through its gills would thrash around, injure itself, could not defend itself, began bleeding and started to die slowly.

In no time at all, before that shark was dead the other sharks (big ones and lots of them) were circling, then one attacked the injured shark, then the rest of them were "into it". That started off as a mild feeding frenzy. Then as hoped for by the crew, one shark bit another, drew blood and then total mayhem began. The sharks first of all turned from the meat/bait and attacked and killed the first one to bleed then they turned on each other until several were dead or eaten, many more were badly injured and the rest just circled before moving on to the next "feast".

Just the same as some people here on this thread!! where "Wolfie" was the original bait and original reason - later to be neglected - as his attackers moved onto each other.

I think that Wolfie has a softer heart and is more helpful than many realise and that Torker (Russ), who if anybody has more reason than most to "stick it into" Wolfie hasn't.

Russ has set a great example of how to conduct ourselves in the eye of the storm. He did not do any unreasonable "kicking" and so far as I can see did not ask anyone else to do it for him. Russ is more than able to look after himself in that regard - as he does!!.

I've been "raked over the coals" when I was "out of order" here and had to issue a public apology - which I recall vividly.

I hope Wolfie comes or stays back here as I think he has a lot of offer. I hope he gets a fair hearing and a fair go.

Now lets move(back??) on to "machining" and related topics.

dp
05-13-2008, 01:46 AM
OK.

Those opportunists who saw the chance to shred Wolfie when for whatever reason he was not able nor here to defend himself need to take a very good look at themselves.

Sorry, my friend. I'm not going to be able to see Wolfie as a victim under any circumstances. If there was a shark feeding it's only because he chummed himself out. The bad guys are not those of us who have been offended again and again by that asshat and it cannot be spun that way. There is a reason why George referred to Wolfie as his problem child (I paraphrase). His behavior cannot be excused away easily.

JRouche
05-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Hmmm.. Dont even know why, but Ill interject..

Umm, whats it about, IO. Yeah I guess this thread is cause he started the thread.

It was about locking his mill project. It was a project, the first of any I have actually seen from him, not saying he didnt have others, first I saw though..

I dont think it should have been locked and I think George should not have. It was an informative thread and actually very useful information. Dunno George if you are taking it personal because of the way he speaks to you. But you should have handled that privately and discussed yer issues with him and kept the thread open.

There was nuthing wrong with the thread that you locked. You just cut off a discussion that other members were still interested in and needed additional information. You did the board a dis-service by doing that..

For my personal opinion of IO, well, it doesn't matter. This thread was about the locking of a on topic discussion so thats where I will keep my response.. JR

dp
05-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Hmmm.. Dont even know why, but Ill interject..

Umm, whats it about, IO. Yeah I guess this thread is cause he started the thread.

It was about locking his mill project. It was a project, the first of any I have actually seen from him, not saying he didnt have others, first I saw though..

He preloaded his topic by injecting theGurl into the title needlessly. He was spoiling for a confrontation and got called on it. Not rocket science.

I dont think it should have been locked and I think George should not have. It was an informative thread and actually very useful information. Dunno George if you are taking it personal because of the way he speaks to you. But you should have handled that privately and discussed yer issues with him and kept the thread open.

From what I took away George went to bed or to his family and by the time he'd gotten back to the BBS, Wolfie had gone public. Pretty hard to keep that under wraps. Wolfie can be such a drama queen at times.

There was nuthing wrong with the thread that you locked. You just cut off a discussion that other members were still interested in and needed additional information. You did the board a dis-service by doing that..

Re-read the title. It was a shot across the bow of a new member and totally without merit, good purpose, or concience. It was out of place and intended for just one reason - to put theGurl in her place. Screw him. Screw him all to hell and back. Through him I visit the hell my own daughters have gone through for the failure to be a male. I can't accept it and damned if I will.

For my personal opinion of IO, well, it doesn't matter. This thread was about the locking of a on topic discussion so thats where I will keep my response.. JR

I'll be less shy - he's an ass. A complete ass. He makes being an ass look easy. He tainted his riser thread going in and is alone responsible for the consequences. And without so much as a fare thee well nor appology he's crawled off to his rat hole. Look beyond me for someone to defend his behavior or to feign concern for his feelings.

Peter N
05-13-2008, 03:22 AM
It seems to me that the easiest thing to have done would have been to edit the title (and subtitle) of the original post. Problem solved.

Peter

John Stevenson
05-13-2008, 03:30 AM
It seems to me that the easiest thing to have done would have been to edit the title (and subtitle) of the original post. Problem solved.

Peter

Too easy.

Chipslinger
05-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Wowwee, I have lurked here long before I registered, I remembered the DRO thread, Wolf done nothing others havent, just done it in the Wolf way,Rude.

Now I am not sticking up for anyone,Lest I get eaten as well as you guys that have "turned on your own" people for saying a couple of nice things about him.

The "riser thing" if George could lock it ,he could have PM'd him,Oh and you cant edit a title either.

now that he May be gone you are still calling him names, You are the Childish ones who should be "Spanked" as AK would put it.

I went back a ways last night as you were Killing him here, and I found several posts of his like the cheap DRO thread and the New mill among others. His kind of machining is Quick and dirty, Like Get er done and move on.
As far as his posts,Very little useful info, as for His started threads I found most of the on topic threads useful, if no more than stick in the back of my head for ruture reference.

I being the minority, hope reads this and comes back,On Medication.:)

oldtiffie
05-13-2008, 07:17 AM

Peter

Too easy.

Thanks Peter and John. I did think of that but I am not aware that it can be done by a member. Perhaps by the Moderator - as perhaps was the case. I see mention of deleted posts but no trace of them as the post numbers are still consecutive with no "breaks".

I looked hard for the "delete a post" facility when I had occasion to delete many of my posts less than a year ago. Those posts - which still exist - were amended by me by amending the posts by deleting the text at the heading and the body of the post - but which are shown as amended. So I could not erase or hide my "foot-prints" (as it were).

Just as a reminder, Wolfie's so-called "offensive" post heading was:

And now for a machining topic,I hope the Gurl don't mind.
Now I have to say that it raised my eye-brows - so I read it several times from several perspectives.

One result was similar to the umbrage and offence that some seem to have taken.

On balance, I think it was "tongue in cheek", a bit mischievous, a sort of an "ice-breaker" and an implied apology to the girl and an invitation for her to comment on work that she might have done or seen in Torker's shop.

That said, it could perhaps be that heading might have been better said/done by some of the more accomplished word-smiths and political/discussion tacticians.

Have a (re)look at the heading in two separate but related statements that perhaps might hace been separated by a period (.) - we call it a "full stop" in OZ - instead of one sentence parsed with a comma - as it was:

And now for a machining topic.
and

I hope the Gurl don't mind.
To now read:

And now for a machining topic. I hope the Gurl don't mind.
I am not being unduly charitable here - just trying to see what might have been intended instead of or perhaps within what was said.

Some of Wolfie's comments were a bit beyond the pale but so have those of a lot of others from time to time - me included.

But some of the comment in this thread - some against or about Wolfie where he did not or could not respond - but just there was much between some posts here that had others members in their sights and effectively used Wolfie as a means to and end to clobber each other in terms that were on par with those that Wolfie was accused of.

snowman
05-13-2008, 07:23 AM
It was a nice try to interject more sense in this discussion Oldtiffie, but alas, AK will now point out that you are wrong, and wolfie is nothing more than a donkey's behind.

This is getting to be an interesting thread, George must still be sleeping.

Metalmelter
05-13-2008, 07:28 AM
The other board I spend a lot of time on these days is HMEM.

BW

Hold on - another forum??? Just what is HMEM??? I'm always looking for another good place to hang around and learn something ;)

My hats off to all that make this board work!!! It takes time and effort. I bounce around the PM and Chaski sites and they get their bad days too just like here. But I've learned that each site has had something to offer me in the past so I keep coming back and chime in once in a while too. Think of all the positive things we learned and time saved from just having the net at our fingertips. I don't think I would be where I am now without it. Keep up the good work :)

Cheers!

snowman
05-13-2008, 07:33 AM
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/

Lots of brits, so don't dis the queen or anything.

Metalmelter
05-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Inappropriate?

I'm just hoping that at some point, this board gets over the petty BS and gets back on topic...but then I'm not overly helpful on that avenue either.

The only real and effective way to accomplish this is to lock and/or delete the inappropriate threads leaving behind that which is on topic. Sort of like raking the lawn to thin out the thatch :rolleyes:. We sometimes hate it, but a board that first appears to have plenty of "on topic" threads is sure to draw in more and more folks in the end. Maybe some will even sign up and stay a while :eek:

Cheers!

A.K. Boomer
05-13-2008, 08:04 AM
but alas, AK will now point out that you are wrong, and wolfie is nothing more than a donkey's behind.

He was a Jackass (right on cue ehh:) )
I never picked on him because he was the simplest man/child on the board, that really can be over looked and worked with, I also never picked on him because iv never once seen him in a worthwhile debate in any kind of a machining related topic, I knew he was incapable of it and that too was OK and also goes hand in hand with being the simplest man on the board, But what bothers me most about the Jackal is his inability to learn, I could only take so much, I would then give him a severe spanking --- it was there for all to see, so many times I thought it would be the end of it --- I wanted peace, he would get it for maybe a week or two --- I was very careful not to stir the pot and at that time would even try to make little positive comments and then out of nowhere WHAM he would be back at it cruising for another spanking, this is beyond "simple" there is really something wrong...
Now im seeing that same pattern with the moderator --- He gave George no choice, He created this entire thread just for that, and keep in mind all George did was really give him a warning, But the Jackal knows he's going to screw up again,
Tiffer, I commend you in trying to see the silver lining on a piece of poop, But you want someone to blame try looking at the Jackal himself, Nobody is better at cooking their own goose than he, The Jackal chummed the waters and then jumped in --- If your going to try and figure something out try doing the math on that one...

John Stevenson
05-13-2008, 08:11 AM

Why not ? She can afford it.

Metalmelter
05-13-2008, 08:24 AM

LMAO!! I'll have to check it out ;)

J Tiers
05-13-2008, 08:25 AM
OK.

I hope Wolfie comes or stays back here as I think he has a lot of offer. I hope he gets a fair hearing and a fair go.

.................................................. ............

Now lets move(back??) on to "machining" and related topics.

Tiffie........... and others.................

This appears to follow an old formula on this and other boards. One you may not have realized you were following, but which is best avoided.

This tired old formula is as follows:

1) make one or more statements that are controversial and amount basically to "trolling" for a fight.

2) Then make a quasi-pious plea for sanity and a return to the type of post the board is supposed to BE FOR.

Either of these comments alone would be fine......

For #1 we would know what we were dealing with.........

And for #2, well it goes without saying as a good idea.

It is the combination, which APPEARS to be an attempt to do a slam and then shut off comment, i.e. to "get the last word", which is objectionable, appearing to be self-serving false piety, etc.

Now, unless there is a straight denial of significant facts, I'm usually willing to let someone HAVE the last word. (I reserve the right to correct "false facts" which may otherwise be assumed to be true.)

But it is my considered opinion that the above-quoted type comment is just not needed. Either be abrasive, or be nice, but don't attempt to cloak one behaviour in the other, in order to slam without appearing to deserve a rebuke.

That sort of comment just inflames things further intended or no.

Tiffie, you may very well have not meant it that way, and have been unaware of the way it looks. If so, please accept my apologies in advance.

snowman
05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Why not ? She can afford it.

lol

very true

i merely point out the brit thing because for some reason it STILL confuses me. You guys will be talking about some oil, or a strange thread, or about your suppliers...and I'll go, "huh, I've never heard of..."

probably much like you may feel here...that is, if we ever actually talked about anything related to machine work

George Bulliss
05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Hello,

I may be the moderator, but this board is really self moderating. If I spend much more than 30-45 minutes a day on this site I start to fall behind on the magazines. There will be some threads that need locking that I donít see. There will be items that need to be deleted that I donít see. There will be threads that I lock that perhaps do not deserve it. I simply can not read everything or micro-manage every detail of the board.

It was mainly my desire for less involvement that led to my decisions with wolfie. He was simply too labor intensive, I have a job to do and he was getting in the way of it. I will admit that my anger led me to taking things public rather than through a PM, things will be done differently in the future.

So, I am going to lock this thread and get on with my day. If anyone has questions or comments for me, please email me at gbulliss@villagepress.com or send a PM.

George