PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...to set a fair price on equipment

C. Wilson
05-13-2008, 06:20 PM
]I have a drilling and milling machine by Rong Fu (RF30),a Precision Bench Lathe by Enco(110-2031),and a Metal cutting band saw by Enco(7"# 137-3165). I have learned what they cost new but all of these have a MF date of 1988.

Anyone who has a suggestion please contact me. My husband passed away in Jan. of this year and I need help in doing this. Thank yo so much

C. Wilson
orhouse@embarqmail.com

snowman
05-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Your location has a lot to do with it, simply city and state or even just state will do fine.

doctor demo
05-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry for your loss, but as Snowman said it is all about location, location, location.

Steve

Chipslinger
05-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I hope it wasn't any one we knew.

snowman
05-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes, I tend to put my foot in my mouth a lot, definately sorry for your loss.

oldtiffie
05-13-2008, 10:03 PM
]I have a drilling and milling machine by Rong Fu (RF30),a Precision Bench Lathe by Enco(110-2031),and a Metal cutting band saw by Enco(7"# 137-3165). I have learned what they cost new but all of these have a MF date of 1988.

Anyone who has a suggestion please contact me. My husband passed away in Jan. of this year and I need help in doing this. Thank yo so much

C. Wilson
orhouse@embarqmail.com

Hi Mrs Wilson.

Sorry about your loss and having to dispose of those cherished items.

I am in Australia so am not aware of the "on the ground" situation in your area.

I have seen some posts on this forum where members have bought (and presumable sold) similar items on the USA-based "Craig's List".

Perhaps some in the US who read this thread will advise you of the "pros and cons" of Craig's List.

I daresay too that some members have been pro-active in this matter and have contemplated or provided/required how such disposal of their tools and equipment be realised/sold as part of the settlement of their Estate on their demise.

I wish you well.

JRouche
05-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Also, sorry for the loss of your husband. How did you learn about this site, through him. Was he a member.. If you dont mind and he was a member please let us know. We are a pretty tight group here and would love nuthing more than to help you. Oh, more than willing, member or not. He was an obvious HSM type with those tools so our help is offered sincerely..

As stated, location determines alot. If they are local to one of our guys then that makes it even simpler. Just for a rough idea you can do a search on ebay for free and just type in the machine description as you did here. Craigs list is also free to search and to list.. JR

www.eBay.com

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites.html

Chipslinger
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM
So,MS. Wilson can we have some of our questions answered, please?

Mike of the North
05-14-2008, 09:03 PM
I think she wants people to e-mail her, she put her e-mail address at the bottom of her post, she may not plan on coming back on the site.
Her e-mail is, orhouse@embarqmail.com

Charlie C
05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Ok guess I will post to this. Mrs. C. Wilson and her husband have been friends of mine for a number of years. We are located near Medford Or.

The equipment has not had any hard use. Ga.(husband) was not a die hard home machinist as some of us are.

I encouraged C. to post here to get some sort of an idea of what these machines are worth as my guess would be influenced by our friendship and I want her to get the best possible price for this equipment.

I have been a member of this site for a number of years even though I don't post here too much.

karlgabel2
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Dear Mrs Wilson,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I'd like to help you with the pricing of the items you need to sell. I purchased an Enco Mill Drill (manufactured by RongFu) with stand, clamp package and vise for $700 here in Henderson, Nevada. Mine was manufactured in 1990 and had some "oops" marks on the table and vise.

Sincerely Yours,

Karl Gabel

PS I also sent the information to your personal mail

C. Wilson
05-15-2008, 08:37 PM
All of you have been most helpful. Based upon what you shared with me I was able to make a good sale of all of his equipment. You all are just great and it is fun to read your postings. Sorry I did not check back into the site sooner.

C. Wilson :cool:

Chipslinger
05-16-2008, 06:33 AM
I hope someone here Got them, and for a great price. Or perhaps Charlie knows them and will stear them here eventually.