PDA

View Full Version : wifes new book coming out shortly!!!

Alistair Hosie
05-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I am very proud and pleased to announce my dear wife of 37 years Bronwen has a new book coming out soon .It will be of no interest to anyone here as it's about growing up in Wales during ww1 to 1930 with plenty of photographs showing changes to date etc.This is her third book one being done in 2 languages and I am very proud of her literary achievements. Alistair

Davek0974
05-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Congrats to the mrs regarding the book writing.

I am midway with writing & self-publishing a pair of books following my building of a 3" scale traction engine titled "A dream comes true". You get a definite 'buzz' when people tell you how much they enjoy reading something you have written.

Pass on my good wishes for her future publications to her.

Dave

PTSideshow
05-16-2008, 03:18 PM
congrats to the better half, it is an achievement to do one, let alone 3:D

Peter.
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I am very proud and pleased to announce my dear wife of 37 years Bronwen has a new book coming out soon .It will be of no interest to anyone here as it's about growing up in Wales during ww1 to 1930 with plenty of photographs showing changes to date etc.This is her third book one being done in 2 languages and I am very proud of her littery achievements. Alistair

I grew up in Wales in the late 70's early 80's moving to Kent in 1985 and went back for a visit a couple of years ago. What I experienced made me want to cry and I don't see myself visiting again.

Allan Waterfall
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
I grew up in Wales in the late 70's early 80's moving to Kent in 1985 and went back for a visit a couple of years ago. What I experienced made me want to cry and I don't see myself visiting again.
My wife's Welsh,but I don't hold a grudge against the rest of Welsh people.:D

Allan

Oldbrock
05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I grew up in Flintshire and served my apprenticeship as a Fitter Turner before coming to Canada. Had to sell my Vincent and BSA Star twin to pay our way over in 1954. We sailed over on the T.S.S Olympia on her maiden voyage and I started to feel long in the tooth when I heard they had scrapped her a few years ago. Look forward to reading your wife's book. Make sure you post all the particulars of it after publication. Peter

R W
05-16-2008, 07:10 PM
.It will be of no interest to anyone here Alistair
Although I have never been to Wales and probably never will make it there and did not live in the era mentioned, I feel this book would be of great interest.
How about posting the title and how a copy of this book may be
purchased.
Thank You, R W

Chipslinger
05-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Congrats to you and your bride, When can I expect a signed copy ?
old friend.

TGTool
05-16-2008, 07:15 PM
How about posting the title and how a copy of this book may be
obtained.
Thank You, R W

Or post the whole thing, serialized. Don't forget to mention that it's OT to avoid the flack.

boslab
05-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Wales is not that bad, and it was here before England, the Scotts piped us to the post as to the deep fried chocolate bar but we can appreciate the irony of rearing an animal, killing it then sticking it in its own stomach before cooking it, bloody poetic if you want my opinion, we do have kilts and wiskey even if we have to steal them on day trips to Ravenscraig [used to be a steelworks]
i wake up most mondays look out at 2 blast furnaces and want to cry also
regards from deepest darkest Wales, poss home of the FA cup!
mark

Dawai
05-16-2008, 09:49 PM
I want the Welsh wife of Alistair to publish a book about what it was like to be married TO HIM all this time.. A Very large knuckleheaded Scott Jock (all in fun).. Can you just imagine him playing soccer with a kilt on? Ohh makes me shiver with dread.

Too bad you are too far away to sit on the porch, sip hot coffee and watch the sun come up.

You are watching the same sun I am thou old friend. The mountain in my view is the tallest one in Georgia.. FORT mountain.. where the cherokees had a fort defended against all the savage indian tribes in the southern area.. As a harley climbs that mountain, it thumps, each stroke of the pistons carry it twenty feet up the mountain.. I had a fever one night, 104, my heart beating loudly in my ears.. I could imagine the old 58 climbing the mountain.. I became calmed, peaceful and drifted off to sleep.
This new bike (1997) just does not thump like the old one did.. It has a push button and air shocks thou.

Alistair Hosie
05-17-2008, 08:41 AM
My Days my old pal Dave of playing soccer are long gone sorry knees are buggered still if I come to see you ever it will be fun and you can try on my kilt and we'll go beer drinking in town coke for me though as I don't drink.thanks for kind words wifes book comes out in July sometime is with printer at the moment.new isbn number is 9780752447568 if anyone want's a copy regards Alistair p.s good luck with your book dave KO

Dawai
05-17-2008, 09:59 AM
WHY would anyone want to read about me?

I wrote down some of the stuff in the 70s, let my best friend read it.. he said... WHAT did you make all this up for? SO.. why write it down.. I was bodyguarding for several topless dancers, and others at that time in my life. Most are private memories that are nobodies business. Some are X-rated but most are just stupidity and the things you get yourself into when around women and alcohol.

Now: My grandmother, she came to Chattanooga in a covered wagon like in the westerns.. She was sitting next to me when the men landed on the moon.. what a life span of changes huh? She has long passed away. My mother passed away, My father, all the knowledge and experiences gone.

Did you ever read about heriditary memories? the convultions passed on between generations on the brain.. that is how birds know to sing and do the things they do, dogs know to bark.. Crazy people call it "other life memories" like they have been reincarnated.

Alistair Hosie
05-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I think strongly that reincarnation is real, and we have probably been here many times before .It makes a lot of sense if we think about the same number of people coming again and again.Alistair

wierdscience
05-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Congrats to the missus Alistair,when is it you will be writing your book?

aboard_epsilon
05-18-2008, 07:39 PM
He has one out already

ISBN-10: 0961466642
ISBN-13: 978-0961466640

:)

all the best.mark

john hobdeclipe
05-18-2008, 08:43 PM
One morning I ate a hearty breakfast, put a new ribbon in the typewriter, sat down and commenced to write every single thing I know about everything I know anything about.

Finished that project well before lunchtime.

I'll make a deal on a like-new typewriter ribbon. Got lot's of paper left over, too.

Seriously, congrats to your wife on her achievements!

wierdscience
05-18-2008, 10:40 PM
He has one out already

ISBN-10: 0961466642
ISBN-13: 978-0961466640

:)

all the best.mark

Oh,well there is that one.I figured he would write a history of the Kilt and how the Scot who invented it also invented the bar tab since it didn't have any pockets:D

Come to think of it the bar tab might have been one of the reasons for inventing the Kilt in the firstplace;)

Dawai
05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Darin:

They tied the money around their neck with a cord.. in a tobacco sack like purse.. kept it close to their heart..

Imagine how windy the crags and peaks of the highlands are in a "skirt"... A real meaning to the "breeze about the knees"...

dockrat
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
The Scotts are a tough breed. They had to be in a land where the thistles grew waist high and no one had invented pants. :D