PDA

View Full Version : The step kid got me a drill press for my birthday...

tattoomike68
05-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Boy was I shocked. Dual head , 2 foot by 6 foot long table. Its at least 800 #.

He picked it up at an auction in Seattle for $75. He got it here and all together for me. It does not make any noise when running its nice.

It has some heavy plates bolted to the cast iron table top for fixtures. Its all the drillpress I will ever need. Its a hell of a lot bigger than it looks in the pictures.

What a kick ass kid.. :)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f24/snoopdog6502/drillpress2.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f24/snoopdog6502/drillpress1.jpg

matador
05-23-2008, 06:45 PM
You trained him well!Better than a pair of socks anyday:D.

RobbieKnobbie
05-23-2008, 07:03 PM
75 bucks for that rig? I thought Seattle was supposed to be an aweful market for used machinery!

Nice buy, that's a smart kid.

wierdscience
05-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Strong in him the force is.:cool:

Walter
05-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Very nice prize! Pretty cool kid too =)

hornluv
05-24-2008, 12:15 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f24/snoopdog6502/drillpress2.jpg

Is that a Fresnel lens in that wooden frame in the background? What are you burning? There's a TV repair shop across the street from me and I've been keeping my eye on their dumpster for one of those big one from the front of a big screen TV. :D

wierdscience
05-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Is that a Fresnel lens in that wooden frame in the background? What are you burning? There's a TV repair shop across the street from me and I've been keeping my eye on their dumpster for one of those big one from the front of a big screen TV. :D

Ohhhh boy,Edmund scientific used to carry a 50"X50" one:eek: Can you say solar BBQ grill?:D

Ken_Shea
05-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Auctions never seem to amaze me, that could be scrapped for more let alone purchase it for $75 and be in good operating condition. What a nice find, buy and gift. Did you tell him since he was so nice that you wouldn't bad mouth him for at least a week :D

tattoomike68
05-24-2008, 11:26 AM

Yes, thats my solar weed burner. Its a 8" X 11" Fresnel lens I got at an office supply for $8 and made a quick frame. It works good for burning weeds out of the expansion joints in my driveway. Someday I will build a stirling engine and power it with it.

The one drillpress head has a 3 phase motor on it so I cant run it. I will need to change it. The whole unit stands 84" tall so I wont be able to get it into my garage unless I unbolt the heads and lay them down to get through the door. With luck I will get my money for the new shop soon.

The Kid is on his way back to Seattle today, Im going to miss having him around.

wtrueman
05-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey Tatoo: If you want, ship the drill press up here on Van Isle, and I'll hook it up so you can use it whenever you visit! Good birthday present though! Wayne