PDA

View Full Version : Steam cleaners

wtrueman
05-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi all: I'm thinking of getting myself a steam cleaner; probably kerosene powered. Any of you have recommendations? I would probably spend about $1000. But is this high, low,or? I've got single and three phase available. I want it so I can clean engines and kill dandelions (grin). Anyway, what do you guys think? Thanks in advance, Wayne.

Rookie machinist
05-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Instead of buying new try ebay or craigslist, alot of people buy theese and only use them a few times. I got mine for 200 it was a nice comercial unit and was only used a few times.

wtrueman
05-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Rookie M. Any brand suggestions guys? Wayne.

Alistair Hosie
05-24-2008, 02:44 PM
What Rookie aid is very sensible .In actual fact many people sell things which have not had much use,they buy thinking that it will be a great hobby for example to do woodturning ,then buy a lathe and all that goes with it only to find that for some reason the dont want to continue and sell the lot for peanuts.So try what Rookie says first you may save a small fortune.Alistair

ptjw7uk
05-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Mind you Alistair have you tried woodturning, at times it can be very hairy and not at all forgiving. If you have seen the wood fly from the lathe its no wonder a novice will sell all their equipement!!!
Peter

wtrueman
05-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Alistair: Thanks for the hint. I guess I'll start following the local, Buy, Sell, Trade mag and see what pops up. Any brand names? Wayne.