PDA

View Full Version : Spending money with Friends, business relationships

Dawai
05-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I am running a small business here out of my home shop. AS many of you also do. I was taught by my granny (the one with the tight purse strings) to
I hate customer service when they can't speak my language where I can understand it.. now plenty of Americans can't talk english.. SO this is not a dis to all you Englanders..

1: spend money with your friends
2: if possible spend your money in your community
3: if possible spend your money in your county or state.
4: if someone pisses you off, don't spend anymore money with them. Best way to hurt someone in business is not to give them any.

I just bought a set of block hugger headers for the wrecker build, $59.99 from Speedway motors .. they were nice, as usual, prompt, it's shipping out today.
I also bought today another $300 in Vtwin parts.. whoopie-ta-do0.. THEY have been nice to me too, all the parts, well you have to look at them like the old JC whitney catalog.. they have good uns.. and well.. But they are in business and some people want that cheap stuff.

IF ANYONE here Is in Business with vehicle/equipment related home shops you can pm me and I'll add in your company to the preferred list. I am going to end back up in the auction buying of machinery and equipment, as soon as I get mobilized again.. OUR POOR country has taken a lick.

Watching the plight of the fishermen.. prices are going up.. Watching the plight of the farmers.. it is too.

Weston Bye
05-25-2008, 04:37 PM
...OUR POOR country has taken a lick...

Gonna take another one in the near future. All the cheap building materials coming here from China are going to get more expensive when they start rebuilding in the earthquake urban renewal zone...

And while we were buying from China, we put our local sources of supply out of business.:(

Hey! Post 1000.

Alistair Hosie
05-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Wait til the use their wealth to build up the biggest navy ,air force ,and army ,20 years on .They will take what they want just like the English empire did and the Americans did to the indians in the usa what goes round comes round.Alistair

tattoomike68
05-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Wait til the use their wealth to build up the biggest navy ,air force ,and army ,20 years on .They will take what they want just like the English empire did and the Americans did to the indians in the usa what goes round comes round.Alistair

They will need to learn to build a schoolhouse first. Thier crap planes will fall from the sky on thier own along with ships that sink with no help at all.

China better stick to making $400 plastic swimming pools for wal-mart...

John Lawson
05-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Never underestimate the Chinese. They have won every war they have been involved in. They are building the largest fleet of atomic submarines in the world. Their planes do not fall from the sky and their submarines surface after submerging. As any soldier from the Korean war can attest, they are fanatically good soldiers focused in their hatred for Americans.
You get off the heavily traveled tourist routes in China you see the REAL Chinese people. Universal militia. Eight year old girls sticking a bayonet in a target painted to resemble an American soldier.
Go ahead, keep sending them your money. You are buying yourself a ten dollar funeral.

tattoomike68
05-25-2008, 06:03 PM
China is cursed with sloppy building procedues, just today..

Aftershocks in China collapse 420,000 houses.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24835920/

Like I said, they cant build worth a crap.. No worries..

speedy
05-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Good policy David! I try to spend within my community as well. In the first instance, if I have the option my money goes to those that I know and trust . Secondly, those that give good service to my enquiries get my consideration.

Watching the plight of the fishermen.. prices are going up.. Watching the plight of the farmers.. it is too
The productive sector has alway had the smaller slice of the cake and now the portion is being squeezed smaller.
"Gota get used to paying world commodity prices"-Fontera

China is cursed with sloppy building procedues, just today..
Aftershocks in China collapse 420,000 houses.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24835920/
Like I said, they cant build worth a crap.. No worries..

Mike, after the dust has settled from the curent economic battle (capitulation on our part), if war is required they will not attack with residential materials.

clutch
05-25-2008, 06:33 PM
If it is me doing business, I like to do it with friends. If it is my employer doing business, I don't want to get involved. Keeps conflicts from happening.

Clutch

Dawai
05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.tigerdirect.com (http://www.tigerdirect.com/) Page 27, a DVR system to replace my dual processor pc on my cameras.. Listed there in catalog Vol XV11 issue 5B for $69.99 for item O38-2018... In actuality it is $239.99.. They won't sell it to me for $69.99...

I was upset to say the least. Some typo..

China.. I love chinese food.. too bad the chinese rarely get the RICH and wonderful food we get from resturaunts. Yes, I see problems coming from that part of the world if they are not negociated with. Not quite as Arrogant and supremists as the Japanese, but yes, they think they are the "stuff" till taken down a peg.. of course I don't see the common China man here.. just the ones who escaped to make it here. I have never been there.
My cousin.. a WW2 war baby made in China.. He is here locally working as a electrician, when they found out he was half AMERICAN, they fired him in China.. So he says.. I don't really know him. Hi father, my uncle was wealthy, he may have just chased the money tree down?

OUR whole country needs reeducating.. a honest days work for a honest days pay. DON'T expect a thing more than you earn.. All these kids expecting to get paid just for showing up.. A construction worker is a partner with the contractor.

tattoomike68
05-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Mike, after the dust has settled from the curent economic battle (capitulation on our part), if war is required they will not attack with residential materials.

They wont attack thier best customer by war, they will buy us from inside out like it seems now, but thats the same BS hype we were told about japan in the 80's.