PDA

View Full Version : Changes to photobucket instructions

George Bulliss
05-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Hello,

I have put a new sticky for the instructions to posting pictures. The old one is unstuck and will simply drift off to the archives. The new post contains information that I combined from several posts. This should make the instructions a little easier and quicker to follow. Of course, with my cutting and pasting I may have introduced an error or two to the instructions. If anyone sees something wrong, please let me know and I will get it fixed.

My plan is to keep the thread open to allow for testing. I will be looking at the posts in this thread as temporary tests, subject to deletion at any time. If there is anything else you feel that should be a permanent part of this thread (youtube instructions?) get in touch with me so I can include them in the original post.

Besides making the instructions a little clearer, I wanted to get Evanís name off of the thread. It was not fair to him to leave his name there for all eternity, as some took it to mean that he was in some way connected to Village Press. To set the record straight, Evan has no ties to Village Press, he doesnít even buy our magazines!

In the future I plan to add a few rules to follow. I still have not decided whether I will post them as a sticky or tuck them away in the FAQ section. Iím not real fond of boards that have a long line of threads stuck at the top of every forum. I am mentioning this simply as a heads up, I do not intend to have a big discussion on the types of rules or enforcement procedures at this time. I will post a new thread for that purpose when the time comes. There will be a discussion before I implement anything.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments on the photoshop sticky. Thanks.

George Bulliss

gbulliss@villagepress.com

JCHannum
05-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Not on the photo sticky, but stickies in general.

There are several subjects that arise frequently that a sticky could be used to point newcomers to. I can think of lubrication, electrolytic rust removal for two, and I am sure other members can come up with others. Would it be possible to either make a separate forum for these, or perhaps place them in either the Networking or Third Hand forums?

George Bulliss
05-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Good idea, the other forums tend to not get much use. A few stickies there would not be a big deal.

Evan
05-27-2008, 10:18 AM
I will point out that I asked George to make the change.

Lew Hartswick
05-27-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree that more than one (2 at the most) "stickies" is a PAIN.
Thanks.
...lew...

PTSideshow
05-29-2008, 03:28 PM

There are several subjects that arise frequently that a sticky could be used to point newcomers to. I can think of lubrication, electrolytic rust removal for two, and I am sure other members can come up with others. Would it be possible to either make a separate forum for these, or perhaps place them in either the Networking or Third Hand forums?

I have to agree with the idea of a sticker question forum for the newbies as the search function doesn't work but thats another can of worms:D

Chipslinger
05-29-2008, 04:11 PM

Let's not forget... Mill or lathe Tapers, What mill should I buy?, What lathe should I buy?, How do I post a Wikipedia or Goggle link? :p