PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have forum login trouble here?

J Tiers
06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I normally have the login set to automatic. Recently the forum decided that I needed to re-log in, which I think is programmed in for a set period.

The thing of it is, it would NOT accept my login. I use several "level 1" passwords, which are shared among various unimportant log-in sites. I tried the one for this site, and it was no-go.

So, I tried the "did you forget your password" facility. No-Go there either. The forum software had apparently reverted to a prior email address, and wouldn't accept the new (a year or so old) email, which I had changed in the UCP way back when it changed.

Then 2 or 3 days later, the forum software decided to accept my password..... and let me log back in. No rhyme or reason for the problem, and I doubt I mistyped it every single one of the 10 or 15 tries over a couple days....

I think one or two others have mentioned similar issues...... anyone else have such trouble?

Evan
06-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I never log out so I never have to log in.

PTSideshow
06-04-2008, 09:28 AM
On a number of occasions it has did that to me. I don't know if it is a browser problem or site problem. It seems to have been working now for the last month.

Lew Hartswick
06-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm with Evan, just don't log out. I do that with all 5 or 6 BBs that I
read.
...lew...

Carld
06-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm loged in untill Hell freezes over.

J Tiers
06-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I NEVER log out either........ I actually don't think I have ever intentionally logged out of this forum, or most others either. I use one of a limited set of "non-secure" passwords for these sorts of forums just because of that, since otherwise I might totally forget the right one. (And, if you carefully read the post you will notice I said that the forum apparently logged me out on its own)

NOPE, the SOFTWARE decided to log me out and force a re-log-in.

Some software is programmed to do that once a year, to weed out old and superfluous logins. At least one other forum does that, and their FAQ states that it does.

What you are telling me is that you-all NEVER have to re-log-in? Interesting.

That makes at least three problems tied up in one...

1) The fact that I had to re-log-in at all

2) the fact that the software would not accept my password for a couple days

3) the fact that for some reason it had reverted to my OLD email address, so I could not have used the "lost password" function even if I HAD forgotten it.

I did try to use that function just in case the password had actually gotten messed up, but it didn't work.

dp
06-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Don't know if you've done this recently, but deleting cookies accomplishes the same thing as logging out. You probably know that but it still does surprise some folks when it happens.

J Tiers
06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Don't know if you've done this recently, but deleting cookies accomplishes the same thing as logging out. You probably know that but it still does surprise some folks when it happens.

Wasn't that, since I was still logged into many other forums...... I checked.