New Enco mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Enco mill

Hi all, new member with a new Enco mill, the 20" sitting in my driveway in the crate to deal with when I get home. The free freight finally got me moving. I am pretty excited, I have had a lathe for a few years so looking foreward to the increased versatility. I am sure I will have a lot of questions. I am basically a gunsmith and sports car hobbyist. I am glad to have this resource, this seems like a great place with lots of good info freely shared.
    Thanks
    Bob Ray
  • Joel
    • Jun 2001

Congratulations on the new acquisition and welcome!

Comment

• Dawai
      • Dec 2005

Drill hole in floor, drop pin in it, winch mill into garage...

Get it up on rollers? pipes or solid bar stock and roll it a few inches at a time.. can move it anywhere like that..

Keep your fingers on your hands..

http://www.metalmeet.com is another excellent place for someone with parallel hobbies to mine...
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

• tattoomike68

get some meat head friends to drag it into place, a case of beer works. make sure the work is done before the beer is passed around.

Comment

• Quetico Bob
          • Apr 2008

Like David says, 3/4 black pipe and an inexpensive come a long works well.
          Cheers, Bob

Comment

• chrsbrbnk
            • Jan 2007

clean the goop off the ways and all before you crank the table around , it tends to harden up and mess with the lube I took mine all apart to get into the basement and cleaned out some chips and iron dust while I was at it. bridge ports often come with grit in their oil passages the enco was cleaner

Comment

• MickeyD
              • Jun 2004

Which mill did you get? I am not sure what a 20" one is.

Comment

Working...
              X