Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankinalaska

wall charts

Does anybody know of a current source of wall charts giving decimal equvilants tap sizes etc. I also remember one that gave suggested feed and turn speeds. I am reopening my home shop after 20 years and it's going to be even better now!!

G'Day,
    Frank
  • RetiredFAE
    • Jan 2006

Hi Frank. Rutland Tool has a great wall chart, about 3'x5', easy to read at a distance and has all the tap/drill sizes on it for SAE and Metric, lots of other information as well.
    Here is a link that should take you right to the wall chart in their online catalog.

The charts run $6.95 each and are printed on some pretty heavy slick finish stock.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
    NRA Life Member

Comment

• Bill Pace
      • Jul 2005

Reviving her after 20 yrs, huh? --- sounds like you gonna have some FUN!!

I just got this chart a few days ago .... no feed/speed but pretty nice.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

• 38_Cal
        • Dec 2007

I emailed Starrett a couple of months ago and they very kindly sent me one at no charge...and sent it Priority Mail.

David
        Montezuma, IA
        David Kaiser
        “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
        ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• dockrat
          • Feb 2008

There is always a free one in the KBC catalogue
          Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

• lazlo
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Bill Pace
            I just got this chart a few days ago .... no feed/speed but pretty nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WALL-TOOL-CHART-...3911.m14.l1318
            I bought the same chart from the same seller, and then found out, like David says, that Starrett will send you one for free

I need to take it to the local Kinkos and have it laminated.
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• lazlo
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by RetiredFAE
              Hi Frank. Rutland Tool has a great wall chart,

Here is a link that should take you right to the wall chart in their online catalog.

http://www.shoprutlandtool.com/webap...lue=wall+chart
              Damn, Rutland's eCatalog has a Javascript that absolutely brings Firefox to a crawl. Works fine in IE though...
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• RetiredFAE
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by lazlo
                Damn, Rutland's eCatalog has a Javascript that absolutely brings Firefox to a crawl. Works fine in IE though...
                Lazlo, sorry about that! I found it with IE, never gave a thought to Firefox. If it caused you a head ache, go make some chips until it goes away, Doctor's orders!

Steve
                Steve
                NRA Life Member

Comment

• Mcgyver
                  • Mar 2005

must be nice to have a free patch of wall....i had an idea, get it laminated and attache to a bunch of elastics hanging from the ceiling...just reach up and pull down when needed. can you tell i've got too much crap?

located in Toronto Ontario

Comment

• h12721
                    • Oct 2006

Hi Lazlo
                    Damn, Rutland's eCatalog has a Javascript that absolutely brings Firefox to a crawl.
                    Mozilla Firefox here. It takes 4sec.
                    Hilmar

Comment

• lazlo
                      • Jun 2006

Hilmar, you're actually bringing up the Rutland eCatalog, which is hosted on: yourcatalog.dirxion.com?

The Rutland web page works fine on Firefox, but I've tried the eCatalog on three different machines, and the dirxion.com Javascript takes 30 seconds to 3 minutes to load:

I'm wondering if it's because I have AdblockPlus running, and the Dirxion Javascript is fighting to get referrals points on blocked ad servers?

Comment

• h12721
                        • Oct 2006

Lazlo,
                        here seconds on the link you posted. 2-3
                        Hilmar

Comment

• lazlo
                          • Jun 2006

Do you have AdBlockPlus on? I just tried it again, and it's a lot better than during peak hours (which leads strongly to the ad server theory), but it's still
                          taking at least 30 seconds to load on Firefox, and almost instantly on IE6.

Edit: Ah, here's part of the problem: click on the Rutland logo while the Dirxion.com eCatalog is up, and it launches a whole new instance of Firefox, instead of a new tab. There's some Fubar javascript going on in that page...
                          Last edited by lazlo; 07-14-2008, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• hornluv
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mcgyver
                            must be nice to have a free patch of wall....i had an idea, get it laminated and attache to a bunch of elastics hanging from the ceiling...just reach up and pull down when needed. can you tell i've got too much crap?
                            I tacked my Starrett chart onto the ceiling but didn't do the elastic bit. In practice, I'm usually just looking for the drill size below a fractional size for reaming which doesn't take too long to find, so I never spend more than a few seconds looking up. I like the idea of laminating it though.
                            Stuart de Haro

Comment

• JRouche
                              • Aug 2004

Ill second (ok, triple) the Starrett freebie. Emailed them and just for the asking they sent a really nice one in a heavy duty cardboard tube. I couldnt bear to throw the tube out, Im such a pack ratt!!!! LOL JR

Comment

Working...
                              X