PDA

View Full Version : Books ??

rmatel
01-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Anyone out there reviewed any of the "shop wisdom", etc. books sold by HSM?? Opinions , other than the cost??
While we're talking $$$, any opinions about the stuff(videos) put out by Rudy Kouhoupt??

[This message has been edited by rmatel (edited 01-14-2002).]

JCHannum
01-14-2002, 09:46 PM
They are reprints of earlier HSM articles. Lots of good projects in all. Duclos and Kouhoupt books have shop omprovement ptrjects, IC engines in Duclos, Steam projects in Kouhoupt. I don't have the first McClean, but he did mainly shop projects. Lots to keep you busy in them.

I haven't seen any videos, would rather read and have 2 books for price of one video.

------------------
Jim H.

docn8as
01-15-2002, 12:19 AM
if u like /want to fabricate ur own tooling /accessories,u will love frank mcleans first book...although we never met,when he passed on ,i felt a sadness like i had lost a lifelong friend
best wishes
docn8as

Thrud
01-15-2002, 01:03 AM
I do not have the second Rudy book but I do have the others. I find them enjoyable. Duclos has a great project for a indexing head project - well worth the price of admission. If you are near a Lee Valley Tools store they carry Frank's book in stock as he was the guy who designed the Veritas tools for them.

Biggest complaint I have about videos is poor production quality. Anyone I have talked to about videos are never too impressed with production quality or the high prices charged.

Dave