PDA

View Full Version : Remotely Topical Content, new Camera

doctor demo
07-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Well , For all of You that post with pictures... You may have company if I can get My new Fujifilm Finepix Digital camera figured out. Of course then I have to get the pics outa the camera and in the computer and then....:eek:
It is no wonder why I have not had one till now. Old Nikon 35mm was a piece of cake. Drop in a roll, shoot till empty, take to photomat:D .
Steve

Tim Clarke
07-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Weeeelll, at least in my love for old cameras. My old Canon FTb barfed last year. [It's kinda like when my ole '59 Ford pickup died.] Technology had passed it by. Nevertheless, it was a outstanding and faithhful servant until it's last gasp. I understood it well.......... The new is better in any way you would measure it, except my ability to make it work to it's capacity. This too, shall pass. Eventualy I'll learn to make it do everything I want.

Take the memory card to the local Walgreens photo center. Plug it into the machine. Have one of the kids there help ya the first time. You can select any or all photos, rotate, crop, enlarge, edit, etc,etc.

One of the things I really like is, now, the girls at the stores, think I'm like their grandad, and try to help me thru the technical challenges.......

TC

tattoomike68
07-20-2008, 02:21 AM
any computer thats not super old will grab the pictures no problem.

get a photobucket account and a youtube account for video hosting. both are free so you can have some of them online and share some of your work.

both have simple tools to make short work of it all.

think of how many more pictures you can take and not keep any bad ones at all.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f24/snoopdog6502/chipsfly.jpg

oldtiffie
07-20-2008, 02:30 AM
Well , For all of You that post with pictures... You may have company if I can get My new Fujifilm Finepix Digital camera figured out. Of course then I have to get the pics outa the camera and in the computer and then....:eek:
It is no wonder why I have not had one till now. Old Nikon 35mm was a piece of cake. Drop in a roll, shoot till empty, take to photomat:D .
Steve

Steve.

The images on that "old Nikon 35mm" film have been able to be put on CD at the photo-processors for years now. Once the image is on CD its in digital form(at) - just as it is on a "memory card" in a digital camera. If the old negatives are in good shape they can be scanned to a CD, DVD or computer.

The (real) old 35mm "slides" might be another matter, but are "scannable" on many scanners.