PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw blade ID?......Morse site no help

ZINOM
07-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Hi Guys,

I was going to change my bandsaw blade tonight, and while looking at the box that the new blade was in (I'd bought it locally a while back) I couldn't detect what kind of blade it was....I mean I was pretty sure I would have gotten a bi-metal one as I think that's what I have on there now.

The blade has no markings, and the box just has a lot of instructions and product line promo stuff.....but no indication as to whether it's carbon or bi-metal.

The only thing on the box was a sticker with the blade's dimensions and a manufacturer's #, so I went to the Morse website to check the number hoping it'd come up with some specs but no dice....there was no search function nor trace of that part number

Anyone know of a way to determine blade type?....is there a certain look to the blade (dumb, I know)...or any way to cross reference part numbers?

I think I might be out of luck on this one :(

Thanks for any help,

John

Bill Pace
07-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Yeah, most of the ones I get dont give a clue as to what they are, -- I suppose they are made up off these giant rolls and just dont have any markings?

One thing I've noticed is that the variable tooth design -- 6-10, 8-12, 10-14, etc seem to be exclusive to bi-metal .. so if you have that type tooth configuration, then its almost certainly a bi-metal.

ZINOM
07-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks Bill....yes it's 10/14, I'm glad I asked 'cause it would have bugged me not knowing if I was getting the most from the saw.

Thanks again,

John