PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Question for IBREW and any old bikers.

garyphansen
07-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Has, anyone ridden all their life and remained unscratched? A couple of years ago I helped scrap a guy off the pavement after a lady hit him with her car. The guys girlfriend was pretty banged up but he was really in bad shape. My uncle broke his back on a Harley but recovered. When I was a kid and wanted to buy a riceburner my dad said no way! The only bike he would let me have had petals. When I look back now it seams that the only guys I know who did not get busted up on their bikes sold them in their 20s or early 30's. So If anyone has ridden into their 50s without getting hurt? Gary P. Hansen

dp
07-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I got a flat tire on my Harley Road King a couple weeks ago and the ensuing crash resulted in some sore ribs on me, some bruises on my wife, and a bill to the insurance co for $8,090 for Harley parts and service. That was my first crash since 1972. Been to every state but Hawaii and Alaska by bike over the years, and toured Italy last year on a Harley. Had a low-speed lay down in Italy that barely qualifies as a crash as we were at walking pace on a steep downhill when the front wheel locked up. No damage to bike, rider, or passenger.

Edit: I'm 62, fwiw.

steverice
07-26-2008, 09:29 PM
There are two kinds of motorcyclists.

Those that have been down and those that are going down.

torker
07-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I hit an elk on a CB750 about 20 years ago. Quit riding street bikes till a couple years ago. Then hit a deer on my Harley 1200... a cop was heading towards me in the opposite lane..saw the whole thing. He said" That was about the wildest thing I've ever seen...can't believe you didn't get killed! I've seen so much of this.. I'd NEVER ride a motorcycle on the highway!"
Makes you think!!!
Still riding but kinda nervous about deer and elk now.
Russ

pcarpenter
07-26-2008, 09:47 PM
A sad story....late last summer, a guy who ran a custom casting business and did some amazing protoype work for some big companies was killed here locally out on a Sunday ride. The local industrial surplus place is just across the road and the owner and this fellow were good friends. The owner of the surplus place told me that the other guy had only recently decided to take up motorcycles and he was maybe in his late 50's or early 60's as I recall. He had noticed that the fellow seemed to have his hands full on the bike in the past, and I guess that's what got the best of him as he drifted over into the path of an oncoming car when rounding a curve.

I know I may sound like a spoilsport, but as fun as motorcycle riding may be, I don't know that I would want to have to end my life or give up all the other things I enjoy because of it. If you ride a motorcycle, you are a motocycle rider in a world full of cars and trucks. Its a hobby in which you can do everything right and still end up very dead.

Paul

Bob Farr
07-26-2008, 10:05 PM
*** If you ride a motorcycle, you are a motocycle rider in a world full of cars and trucks. Its a hobby in which you can do everything right and still end up very dead. Paul

Very true. I'm only 40, but I've ridden since 14 and I've seen some dumb driver stunts in those miles. I just assume I'm invisable to everyone else.

Once, I was. I was rear ended at a stop light and ended up on the guy's hood. Fortunately he did see the red traffic light and was slowing so I walked away from that one, but it could have been much worse. Bike riders are soft targets.

Rustybolt
07-26-2008, 10:15 PM
There are two kinds of motorcyclists.

Those that have been down and those that are going down.

Absafreakinlutely. After my one and only high side, that I walked away from with only some gravel rash, I never rode again.
It isn't you thay's gonna get you hurt, but the guy that doesn't see you.

oldtiffie
07-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I gave up bikes in my late teens/early 20's as I nearly killed myself too often on my 1943 WLA 750 twin H-D and my "Vincent" HRD.

I will admit that I've been tempted all too often to get another one - a BMW cruiser!!!! - but I've seen too much here of older men (say 50+ even up to 70+) who rode smaller bikes in their youth, and kept their motor-bike licences paid for and current and then they seem to try to re-live/re-create their youth and buy big "cruisers" - without any training or instruction and the bike gets the better of them.

If they had to get a bike licence from "scratch" (as the kids do) they would have to have a full "medical/optical" test, tested on road-rules, go to an approved training facility and do the course prior to getting their "Learner" permit and then after some time go back for a test to get their "P" plates. They are very limited in the size/power of the bike they can ride and are not able to carry pillion passengers for a while too.

These older "heroes" by-pass all that and find out the hard way that their reflexes and knowledge are not quite what they thought they would be - and down/off they come.

Old bones break easily and mend slowly - if at all.

But many are very responsible and ride in bike club outings and regularly attend club meetings and training. They include some of the top executives in the country - as well as politicians, Judges and the "average Joe" etc. etc.

We regularly have club outings - mainly H-D and similar - go past here on Sundays - it can be 100 or more - easily - and they are excellent on the road as they allow for other road users.

Dawai
07-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Youse guys are hanging on too tight.. Relax.. have fun.. Don't do anything stupid, but have fun... enjoy life. Sitting in a "safe" place will not be any fun. Hell, a airliner or meterorite might fall on you if you go outside the bunker.

After three previous wives, I almost gave up women in general.. the "Trophy, pretty and heartless biatches I had scars " worse than any road rash you can ever get. I was going to get a coon dog companion and drink myself to death.

Then My Carrol came along.. so far, near 9 years now I see what you normal people do in happy relationships. The high maintenance women are still fun to look at.. I ain't turning queer this week..

With a success like that Ya think I ever am going to give my my bike? I may have to downsize it someday thou.

They are POOR engineering thou, will go 100+ and when you stop you have to prop them up or they fall over. BUT, highly mobile, quick and agile.. I did hit the water meter box with my roadking driving between the flower bushes here.. oops.. Didn't bust the motor, this time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMwLg2MWhqM wife says if it's too loud you're too old....

gnm109
07-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I've been riding for many years. Only a few scrapes and bruises but none in the past 30 years since I quit the dirt riding and ride only on the road. I seldom, well almost never, ride in traffic. I stick to the mountain roads around me. I have a Harley with a sidecar, my third rig and have yet to have even a close call in the past 20 years.

I'll be the first to say that motorcycles aren't for everyone. Some folks aren't capable of riding one carefully and don't know how to stay away from cars and other dangerous situations.

I seldom discuss motorcycling with anyone except people who also ride. I got tired of explaining why I still ride and I don't like being told that motorcycles are dangerous. Milling machines and lathes are dangerous, too, if you aren't trained in their use. People need to keep quiet about motorcycles if they don't like them.

I also like building things for my bike and it fits in nicely with machinng and welding work. If I got rid of my motorycle, I wouldn't have much need for my machine tools or my welding equipment.

torker
07-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Yabut...there's the "high" that you get from riding. Motorcycles are one of the fastest accelerating vehicles on earth...even smaller ones.
Man..you get on a good tuned CR250 or a 500 and crack the throttle...what a rush!
I get on my stripped down Sportster 1200 and whack it...it's just too much fun! It'll wheelie thru the stoplights! But.. I'm an adreniline junky...always have been.
When I'm ready to sit on the couch and die..I'll sell my bikes.

torker
07-26-2008, 11:12 PM
IBREW...LOL! (pssst..it's IBEW)
Had to laugh..my last name is Brewer.. I've heard all the brewing jokes over the years :D

JRouche
07-26-2008, 11:15 PM
I am dangerous on a bike and shouldn't own one. I had a GSXR-750. My first street bike. Had dirt bikes my whole life. Well, I didn't know how to ride on the street and I was fullish. Went way, way too fast sometimes.

Because I didn't know how to ride on the street I was afraid to lean the bike over in a turn. I was on a slow curving road and not going fast, 40-45 maybe, and the road turned a lil sharper the next turn. Dummy me, I was afraid to lean into the turn. I drifted over into the other lane and off the pavement. I was in the dirt shoulder. The road was straight by now but I didn't slow (stupid again) and couldn't get enough nerve to get back on the asphalt. Was afraid to steer it off the dirt up onto the road. I was only going 25-30 now but I saw my shoulder ending in a ditch ahead, I made a last ditch effort and pulled the bike back to payment. 1st miss of wreckin, many to come...

Went to work on the freeway many times at 130 just cause it felt good to go fast. One time the handle bars did a lock to lock slap, bout three or four times at a 130 going to work. Don't know why I didn't crash, the front tire was unloaded enough and when I did reduce the throttle enough I just happened to be steering straight not on a lock.

I did one bonsai run down the 14 freeway (Antelope freeway) coming home from my GF's house. Was feeling my oats and pegged the throttle. Speedo showed 160 but prolly not accurate. Still very fast. I am light so I couldn't even steer the bike at that speed with body weight, it wanted to stay vertical, the freeway has wide turns I was pushin on the bars hard just to keep it in my lane. As I passed a few cars like they were on the side of the road. STUPID!!!!

Then there were the other drivers. Odd but I seem to attract vans. I have had two of them completely in my lane heading towards me from the other direction. One time was going up Sunset Bl with my GF (wife now) on the back. She never saw it, she was looking off to the right. Thankfully I was looking up the hill to the on coming traffic. This dude in an old VW bus was outta control coming down the hill around a bend. I remember it like it was in slow motion. He had both hands on the wheel and I swear his head was hanging out the drivers side window looking hysterical!!! He was way too fast driving in my lane. I swooped right (luckily two lanes up) and it was done.

One was flying down the freeway at 100+ again and I was in the third lane, truck lane. I was looking ahead and trying to gauge a route around some slower cars on either side of the semi ahead of me in my lane. I was gonna snake the lane ahead of the car and pull around him. Nope, stupid me again, misjudged how fast the cars were going. I was trapped behind the rig with two cars on either side. By the time I finally got a clue its not gonna work I was already on this trucks butt. I grabbed brakes really hard while closing on this bumper. I was at 100 and he was at prolly 60. Again, slow motion happened. I was totally tunnel visioned on this bumper and my front tire was locked. So as my front tire was sliding from 100 to slower and feeling like I was on ice I approached the rig to within a couple feet. Flat spotted both tires and had to get new ones.

Now the kicker that ended my bike riding.. My wife (GF then) was going to UCLA and I would go down and visit her for lunch cause well you know, I was in love LOL

So I had already logged on about 15000 miles on this bike, I was an expert ya know LOL Never laid it down once.. Remember, I was a dumb A**...

So I get done with lunch and am heading out of the campus. They had been doing some construction. So I nailed it and got to 100 again and slammed into a tractor!!! No, just kidding. Thats what you would expect...

Nope, I am going about 20 and pull up to a stop sign and there is gravel and sand on the road. I see it and think slow and easy. I am practically stopped and set my foot down. Foot slides out and I am already stopped. I dump the bike, no footing. Plop. Right there, I'm still standing and the bike is between my legs on the ground..

I made my choice that day to get rid of the bike. Thank God for that and for ALL the chances..

I was an idiot rider and should never have owned a bike. I don't blame any other drivers, I blame myself for being so stupid. And I thank the Lord for sparing my dumb A** so many times..

That was twelve years ago and I'm still sticking to four wheels, some folks just are no supposed to ride.. Now if I can just get this darn car up to 150 Ill be happy LOL JR

rbregn
07-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I've been riding almost 30 years, would just as soon be dead if I couldn't get out on my bike.Been down once pretty hard, my fault, My younger brother was killed on his. People ask me why I still ride after that. I tell them if he was killed in his car, would you expect me to stop driving a car? Life is full of risks. Do the ones you enjoy and don't do the ones you don't. I won't tell you how you should live your life, please give me the same courtesy;) !

chief
07-26-2008, 11:45 PM
I started riding and racing MX when I was 14 and then moved into street bikes (I continue race vintage MX), still riding 50 something, nothing more than a self induced twisted ankle when I was sixteen.

doctor demo
07-27-2008, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=gnm109I seldom discuss motorcycling with anyone except people who also ride.. Milling machines and lathes are dangerous, too, if you aren't trained in their use. People need to keep quiet about motorcycles if they don't like them.

I also like building things for my bike and it fits in nicely with machinng and welding work. If I got rid of my motorycle, I wouldn't have much need for my machine tools or my welding equipment.[/QUOTE]
I used to ride, don"t any more. If You wan't to ride, more power to You.
I have never been working on My lathe and have My mill sneak up behind Me and run Me down !

Steve

Jim Caudill
07-27-2008, 01:56 AM
I have been riding on & off since I was 14, I am now 57. Never had a "moving" accident (dropped my Goldwings a few times while stationary). My current bike is a 1500 Goldwing that I have ridden from Ohio to as far as Spokane,Wa. Used to go to the Goldwing "Wing Ding" every year. Sometimes it was close by (in Louisville), other times it was much further, such as Albuquerque.

If you were self taught, you may have been a good student, but you had a fool for a teacher (I like that old saying). I love to fly (ex USAF pilot and corporate jockey) and flying taught me how to approach "risk management". I used to fly, Scuba dive, and ride motorcycles: all somewhat "risky". To try and minimize your chances of suffering injury or death, you need to do everything you can to stack the odds in your favor. It begins with proper training, conditioning, practice, proper equipment, and using judgement to continually evaluate a whole host of variables.

If you're going to ride, I suggest you take all the educational courses you can, from agencies that use the Motorcycle Safety Foundation curriculum. Your local driving license agency should have the info. In Ohio, the basic course is free and they will supply the bike for training. Advanced courses are taken on your own bike.

You can do everything right, but somebody can still turn left in front of you; that will pretty much end it all (although it must be said that in that situation, it might not make any difference kind of vehicle you are in). I haven't been scuba diving in years (since a jet-boat almost hit me while surfacing), and only fly occasionally now, but I still love to ride (although arthritis is starting to get me pretty good).

motorcyclemac
07-27-2008, 02:30 AM
I have been riding since I was 13 or so. Mostly dirt bikes during my teen years. I did take a nasty crash when I was about 17. I was on a old Yamaha 400 single dirt bike. The bike was probably 5-6 yrs old at the time and was a 2 stroke wheelie king. I was riding thru 4' tall field grass at about 40+ mph and found a wind fall cottonwood tree. The bike went one way...I went the other. I did a helluva death roll tumble and ended up laying on the bottom of my right foot with my toes pointing outward behind my back. Ouch! I gimped for several years and spent a bunch of time in a walking splint.

After that wreck I rode in the dirt a little more and was so paranoid of the unexpected. I started riding street bikes when I was 18 and went thru a bunch of different bikes looking for the right style machine. I had jap bikes, british bikes, German bikes, Harleys etc...etc. Everything from go fast crotch rocket machines to the slowest cruisers. Since my wreck in the tall grass I have logged well over 60K on two wheels accident free (knocking on wood). My riding style has tamed down a LOT as I get older. I have taken a few riding courses to learn the in's and out's of the two wheel life. I have read piles of educational books on the matter. I am far from an expert on the subject but I DO ride 9 months of the year up here in the Pacific NW. I ride in every condition except for freezing weather. I currently have a Kawasaki Concours and my wife rides a Suzuki C50T Boulevard Cruiser. We have logged many miles together and we are quite cautious. I do fully understand that I may have a bad day and end up with scratches that won't buff out. It could happen. But motorcycling is so much a part of my life that I would be lost without it. There are months on end that I don't drive anything with 4 wheels. For a long time when I drove semi trucks there was a point where my mode of transportation had 2 wheels or 28. Truth be told I don't much like driving cars that much. I recently bought a Jeep and find that to be close to acceptible as I can remove the top!

Cheers
Mac.

Circlip
07-27-2008, 09:00 AM
One thing I've always longed for was to be able to have a "Blast" on one of the long straight roads you have over in the States. The motorways over here in the UK are choked with traffic so the ability to safely have a dash are severly restricted. First own bike was a Tiger Cub, bag of spanners, 10K big end bearings, Second - Norton Dominator, Front wheel skip on fast corners. Then came the Velocette Venom Clubman, superb balance and handling. Stopped riding then and got cars. 26 years later had another stab with a Honda 250 and then changed that to a Guzzi Le Mans. Only problem now is thatall the kids in cars think it's a race, no road sense. Firm believer that any one wanting to drive a car should beFORCED to ride a bike for a minimum of two years, if they hit it a few times it may make them appreciate just how hard the road is. There are old bikers and bold bikers, but no old bold bikers.
Regards Ian.

bob308
07-27-2008, 09:30 AM
been riding since 71. i have had a few get offs. one cost me both arms and the right leg broken. was in the hospital for 3 months. they all kept telling me they would not ride again. i told them to bring the bike up and i would ride it home.

i will qiut riding when they nail the lid shut on the box.

my 2 rules for a safe ride:

always be a little scared of the bike.{respect it} i lost that fear one time and the bike showed me not to.

rule 2 always ride like anyone on 4 wheels or more is going to try to kill you.

x39
07-27-2008, 10:13 AM
In thirty two years of ridng I've had a few fairly spectacular accidents, the worst was in 1980 when I had a drunk lady in a full size Ford wagon turn left in front of me at an intersection. T-boned her totalling my bike, didn't do me or the Ford a whole lot of good either. The one lingering injury I have is a result of hyper-extending my right knee when kick starting my first bike, a 1960 Sportster. I think the kick starting mechanism on them was very poorly designed, disengagement in mid kick was pretty common. In fact, that knee is bothering me today.

madman
07-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Been riding Bikes since i was a Kid. Now 50 Plus. Raced bikes till 1988 then retired . Still love bikes currently not owning one, sold my last 3 bikes a couple years back a K1 BMW 1200. Honda CBX . and a Old Can Am 400 Enduro. Not many places left here for dirt bikin, cops are everywhere. We (Me and my two Buds) used to always go out and see how fast our hopped up GS 1000 s would go. This we did every weekend while the engines were running. Broke parts abusing them with no mercy, Then the race track got more interesting than running the cops. The best fun ever was the open class RM 370 suzuki motocrass bike and the YZ 400 Yamaha, then the big humper 4 strokes came out owned one of each ever made but the big 2 strokes were the best i felt for sheer terror to keep you interested .Now im older was drunk last night doing flips on the Neighbours Trampoline and the old spine got tweaked a bit. Kinda shot right off the thing and hit the ground. A bit stiff but i guess its old age creepin up and also drunken stupidity. Anyhow Been thinkin of a new bike again ??Harley?? I always did like to go fast , now 50 kms over you damn near get shot by the kid cops out there. later madman

torker
07-27-2008, 11:15 AM
I just bought a wrecked bike from an older guy. A beautiful CX500 Honda(well it WAS).
He'd owned it since new. Travelled all over the western US and Canada on it.
Last fall..right here at home, he was going down main street. There was a guy wanting to turn left...sitting waiting for him to go by.
Or so he thought.
He says he was looking the guy right in the eye...when the idiot stepped on the gas..turned left and hit him head on.
He was 62 at the time and had never had a wreck. His back was broken badly and his left hand was almost cut right off.
He's just getting healed up from all that now.
And yup...he just went and bought a new touring bike.

gnm109
07-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I just bought a wrecked bike from an older guy. A beautiful CX500 Honda(well it WAS).
He'd owned it since new. Travelled all over the western US and Canada on it.
Last fall..right here at home, he was going down main street. There was a guy wanting to turn left...sitting waiting for him to go by.
Or so he thought.
He says he was looking the guy right in the eye...when the idiot stepped on the gas..turned left and hit him head on.
He was 62 at the time and had never had a wreck. His back was broken badly and his left hand was almost cut right off.
He's just getting healed up from all that now.
And yup...he just went and bought a new touring bike.

There are two classic accidents that will often cause death or serious injury to a motorcyclist. They are the car waiting to make a left turn in front of you and the car waiting to pull out from the right in front of you. (If in the UK, the directions are reversed, of course)

Either scenario requires that you slow down and make eye contact. As the distance closes with no eye contact, you should be going slower and slower until you are stopped. Without some recognition of your presence in the danger area from the driver, to proceed into the area where you could be hit is simply suicide.

One of the safety cues I use constantly is to watch the contact area where the front tire of either one of those cars meets the ground. If you watch the car, you may not notice that it is starting to move because you are also moving. If you watch the contact point you will be able to see the slightest movement of the car into your path. I use that cue constantly if I ride in traffic, which is almost never. It really helps.

Dawai
07-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Ohh this is a course on staying alive for 35 years on a bike???

1)Watch the front tires, it will turn a split second before they try to take your lane from you.. Eye contact may mean two things, it may mean YOU SEE THEM and they have the right to take your right of away by force. After all, they care much more about themselves and their rights than your saftey.

2)Left hand turn? if you slow and look them in the eye, they think you are giving them permission to turn in front of you..

3)If you ride faster than all the traffic around you they can not hit you in the rear.. you are in charge of the rapidly overtaking right-of-way and the path you chose to go through it.

4) if all else fails, raise one leg and roll off, getting as far away from the motorcycle as possible. I hate sissy bars since they are a "rolling off" obstruction. Mine snaps on. IS hanging in the shop. If you survive a collision, you can build another bike. IF at all possible thou.. don't think you need a whole lane to ride in,, the middle, the sidewalk, the gutter, the shoulder can be a lifesaver.. you only need 3 feet.. except for my roadking, it needs 42 inches.. Riding between cars may make a female passenger pee up your back thou. Much better than impacting or rolling off thou.

5) keep your mind on what you are doing? a set of hotpants in 1976 made me rear-end a pinto, flying over the roof and roll-landing on the sidewalk in front of the "lady" with her butt hanging out..

6)THE drivers test they gave me to renew my motorcycle license? you had to answer the questions the way they wanted, not in hard learned experience.
Play their game and answer what they want to hear.

7)Don't pay much attention to my riding techniques.. I am the luckiest man on earth.. just can't win money with my luck.

lane
07-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Started riding when i was 13 in 1963 got hit by a car turning left in front of me. on wet street could not stop . Been riding since 58 now . My only wreck had some close calls though. Did brake a collar bone racing as a teen ager . What I have found out is most new riders try to ride bikes like they drive a car which is a BIG NO NO. That is why they get hurt If you drive a car the way you ride a bike you will be a lot safer . They are totally different. My wife has been riding behind me since we were teenagers and took up riding her own about 10 years ago and at this point in time has about 200.0000 miles in saddle and rides safer than I do. One thing for sure I beleave if you ride at some point you will fall. Just keep that in mine.

hardtail
07-27-2008, 03:42 PM
5) keep your mind on what you are doing? a set of hotpants in 1976 made me rear-end a pinto, flying over the roof and roll-landing on the sidewalk in front of the "lady" with her butt hanging out..

LOL.......that must have been quite an intro for wife #2???

Almost did the same thing at the sea lion caves on Hwy1 or 101? on the Oregon or Washington coast, this lady had an astonshing upper torso though, car suddenly braked in front to turn left and we skidded on the wet pavement from the breaking surf........

I usually crash at least once a year, highsiding my bike after hitting a mudhole full of clay at speed wasn't fun, I dumped it once at 5mph and stuck to the pavement with my leathers, 1/4 mile to the house, got in and sarted pissin blood from that one.

I agree the ol big 2 strokes were the best, had an 88 CR500 for a few years and that thing was a total animal, the more you bagged it the more hp it started making until it really started to scare you.........should check the local ads....LOL

First streetbike was an RD350 but I've always wanted a Gama500 or maybe an old Kawi triple.

old-biker-uk
07-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Nearly 50 years of riding, knocked off several times but only one broken leg (Oh I do hate gravel !)

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/remark/pages/bikes/images/other%20images/rally18.jpg
- I must be one of the lucky ones !
David has got it right except I have no buddy seats so miss out on the peeing up the back bit.
Mark

doug931
07-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I got started in 1957 on a Whizzer ( motorized bicycle), bouught a HD, K model sporster in 1969.
The older riders used to say, if you survive the first six months you will probably ride the rest of your life.
It worked for me, I have survived many( to many) close calls. Been down on my side a few times. I rode over a deer a couple of years ago, the bike jumped up and over his hind end and I landed OK and just kept on riding (GS1000-BMW)
25 years of competitive dirt bike riding honed my skills and kave helped keep me alive on the road. At 67yrs. I can still win the odd trophy at our local biker bash.
It certaimly is true that you have to ride as if everyone is out to get you..
stay alert, check the road ahead for potholes, tar strips, sand or gravel in your lane.
I am always looking for escape routes, IE, the shoulder,the ditch, even the opposing lane.T.
There are lots of idiots driving cars out there, it wll be the one you didnt notice that will get you.
I am far from finished with bikes. I have ten classic Brit bikes on my veranda and three more in my living room. A new bike is in the works. I am trying to choose between a new Triumph bonnyvillle or the new BMW 850GS twin.
In the meantime, my old(84) Harley decker keeps me soldiering on.
Doug