PDA

View Full Version : my woodshop and some of my woodworking

Alistair Hosie
08-02-2008, 03:25 PM
I recently joined a new woodworking forum they asked to see my woodshop and some of my work hope you enjoy.Mostly everything in the furniture section was made by me inc dolls house rocking horse tapered chest of drawers ,Stools tables chest etc etc etc Alistair

http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/SCOTSMAN

tiptop
08-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Alistair, I to very much like woodworking. I like your work. I have yet to get my mind around 3-D carving but have high hopes of it at sometime. Right now I am trying to incorporate some art nouveau styles into a library I am building on and off. Here I will post a link and you can look at some of what I have been doing. Thanks for sharing, Jay.

http://imageevent.com/aatiptop/houseandshoppictures/librarypanels?p=0&n=1&m=24&c=4&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

nheng
08-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Alistair, Nice looking shop and with nice looking results too ! It looks like your woodworking tools are as serious as the metal ones.

BTW, Did you ever find a manual or other information on your Walters indexing head? I'm considering putting a small faceplate on mine to use as a rotary table, within the limits of its spindle diameter. I previously lost all of the magic oil from storing it vertically and want to fill it and check things out. Den

Alistair Hosie
08-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Nice looking ceiling tiptop How did you manage to get that wood salvage did you say wish I could get wide panels or even shorter ones to glue up your doing well bud.Also thanks for nice comments The parkinsons id biting and making me loose manydays at the shops I have but when I am there I am very happym even for a few hours at a time/Nheng never found one swapped it with a guy I knew as it was too big for me really.Alistair ecsuse typing

andy_b
08-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Alistair,

NICE WORK!!! in the 4th photo down is a tall triangular cabinet with seven drawers. did you make that? if so, do you have any more photos of it?

andy b.

lugnut
08-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Alistair, you have done some VERY NICE work! And you you also have some very top line equipment. That table saw is a dandy. Again, very nice work.
Mel

Rustybolt
08-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Very impressive. I especially liked the tapered chest and rocking horse. You have a lot of talent.

wierdscience
08-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Very nice work Alistair,I liked the rocking horse the best,really nice bud.

Alistair Hosie
08-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Yes I did make the tapered chest of drawers it's at my sons now I will see if I have any more pics otherwise I will take some at Russells.I have lots more stuff I made.glad you like them.Alistair

andy_b
08-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Yes I did make the tapered chest of drawers it's at my sons now I will see if I have any more pics otherwise I will take some at Russells.I have lots more stuff I made.glad you like them.Alistair

i have to say, it's beautiful. all the other items look great as well, but that one really stands out for me. did you just think all these projects up on your own, or have you been scrounging plans whenever you find them?

andy b.

Alistair Hosie
08-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Andy the chest of drawers was my own design and I as said made it for my son who is with his new wife of 7 weeks in Glasgow,when I next visit him I will take better pics it turned out very well.Thanks for your interest God Bless Alistair

oil mac
08-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Alistair,

Your work is exemplary, your rocking horse an absolute work_piece of the highest calibre, You keep going and dont let that illness hold you back , hope i can get to shake your hand and see your nice shop one of these days
Regards.

Cutting oil.;)

Alistair Hosie
08-03-2008, 04:00 PM
As we have discussed dan many times on the telephone you will be invited over whenever you wish to see both my workshops and have a nice day out in Dunoon. Bronwen and I would make you most welcome bring the missus with you if you wish.anyway I enjoy our chat's and thanks for the kind words as always of encouragement.your pal in Dunoon Alistair ps Fred was asking after you

Paul Alciatore
08-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Many people here have other talents. And they and you seem to do quite well in more than one area.