PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

G.A. Ewen
08-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I have had my first experience dealing with customer service at Busy Bee Tools.

When I gave the new lathe its pre-run inspection I found that the 35 tooth change gear was missing. Normally it is one of the gears installed on the machine before being crated and is used in the feed configuration. When being assembled someone had mistakenly installed a 40 tooth gear in its place. The 35 tooth gear is also used in some of the threading configurations so it is a necessary part of the equipment.

One phone call explaining the problem is all it took. The gear was mailed to me promptly at no charge.

Evan
08-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Yep. I have had no problems with them and have been buying from them since they first started business. A few years ago I ordered some tools including an 82 degree countersink. I received a 90 degree countersink in a package marked 82 degrees. I called to inform them of this error but decided to keep the one they sent as it wasn't expensive.

To my surprise the next day the fellow in charge of buying and inventory management called to thank me for reporting the problem. They had looked into it and discovered they had about 5000 more the same. Other than that I haven't had any problems that I can recall.

Duffy
08-09-2008, 05:30 PM
I am with Evan. I have dealt with Busy Bee for over 20 years, and any complaint, they have dealt with promptly. I am fortunate in that the Ottawa store is only about 20 km away. If I have a complaint, it is that the sale flyer bears only passing resemblance to the in-store stock and 6 to 8 week waits for backorders are common. But then again I am retired-whatannoys is the 40 klick round trip for a partial order. Duffy.

brian Rupnow
08-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I just had a pleasant experience with BusyBee. I bought my CT129 milling machine in Barrie in mid June this year, and have used it daily since. Last week the motor quit. I phoned the Barrie store where I bought it, and they said that I had to deal with head office in Toronto. I didn't like the sound of that, but I contacted Amin, the head of customer service in Toronto, and he said "bring it down"---which is a royal pain in the butt, however that was my only option. I took it down yesterday afternoon and met the staff at the Toronto store. They offloaded the mill from my pickup and the technician immediately began working on it. I drove back to barrie, (100kM) and an hour later got a phone call---the motor was burned out, however it had been replaced at no charge and was ready to be picked up today. The mill is now back home in my shop and running well.---Brian

oldtiffie
08-09-2008, 08:12 PM
This thread is marvelous.

Giving credit where it is due for good service and making it known. Busy Bee seems to feature very large in this regard.

It sure is different to many of the complaints we hear of - included with the good ones too.

This is particularly so where I often see complaints about stores in Canada and their (supposed??) higher pricing than the US.

We have a similar dealer here in OZ - a couple actually - and I'd guess there are more.

Good service means return business and good "word of mouth" advertising and referrals - the best advertising there is.

It is also the reason I am quite prepared to pay a premium price for that kind of service.

There are at least three in the US and one in UK that provide top service as well. I am half a world away from them (I am in Australia) and they have never ever let me down. The service and responses to queries or requests (email) for advice has been great as well. This is very important to me as I have no chance of seeing or trying it before I buy it and about the same chance (cost) of returning it.

Evan
08-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Here are a couple of images from the Calgary store. They aren't very good quality as I had to use my spy camera. :rolleyes:

They will show up if my server doesn't get knocked off line again by the tremendous thunderstorms we are having today.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/bbee1.jpg

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/bbee2.jpg

JRouche
08-09-2008, 10:31 PM
I like these types of threads. Its really easy to find fault in various companies, cause well, there is some crappy service out there..

When I see a post praising a company and its backed up with similar experiences it makes me feel proud of the folks running that business. They have a good customer base because of it... JR