PDA

View Full Version : Is this place dangerous now?

torker
08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Today.. every time I open ANYTHING on this site I get a "Danger...phishing website"
Warns of criminal activity etc.
I use PC-cillin virus protection. Just updated yesterday.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Russ

lazlo
08-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Sounds like your browser has been hijacked Russ. Download Spybot Search & Destroy, update the signature file, and run a check.
...and quit surfing those naughty sites ;)

http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd160.exe

MickeyD
08-20-2008, 08:17 PM
You have some sort of malware in there. Spybot S&D is good, and you might also download a copy of ClamAV from www.clamwin.org . It is open source freeware that, although slow, does a very good job. Make sure that you go into the settings and select quarantine infected files and then run a scan on your machine with it. It seems to be much better than Norton about finding and removing trojans and the like. I have even used it to recover several servers that the commercial products failed on. Also, if you are still using MS Internet Explorer, take a look at Firefox. Seems to be much better and avoids a lot of the activeX problems.

oldtiffie
08-20-2008, 08:55 PM
...and quit surfing those naughty sites ;)

Why's that?

We are living in (for???) the "naughties".

eg. 2000, 2001................. 2008, 2009 - well since the 70's, 80's and 90's anyway!

For what its worth Russ, I'd be more worried about any virus you caught if you "got lucky" after looking (or being at??) at those "naughty" sites!!!

"Discos" are NOT where you go to get a rotor disk to "tram" your mill.

.RC.
08-20-2008, 09:33 PM
It's all the pr0n on this website...The pictures of shiny tools, lathes with large spindle bores and reamers...Oh my I need to calm down a bit...:D

Oldbrock
08-20-2008, 10:54 PM
go to internet and type in skybot.com. No chuck at Castlegar Machine will keep looking. Peter

oldtiffie
08-21-2008, 12:13 AM
It's all the pr0n on this website...The pictures of shiny tools, lathes with large spindle bores and reamers...Oh my I need to calm down a bit...:D

Yep too true Ringer.

You could get (yourself) drilled, reamed, shafted, nailed, "pinned" and "tapped" etc. here if you are not careful (or if you are "lucky"!!).

Maybe even "screwed" or "de-nutted"??.

torker
08-21-2008, 12:35 AM
Holy Smoke...tiffie...yer a horney ol bugger...no? LOL...you sure like "The Subject" :D
I was more talking about computer stuff tho..
I ran my PC-cillin spyware and it found whatever was coming up on this site.
Peter...Thanks for looking!
Russ

Bruce Griffing
08-21-2008, 12:49 AM
I recommend downloading the Bitdefender rescue files and making a CD (follow the instructions). If you ever really get into trouble, put it in your CD and boot your system from that CD. It boots a version of Knoppix and runs from the CD. If you have an internet connection, it will update itself and clean your system. Free for the bandwidth to download it. I have occasion to use it and found it very helpful. Here is the link:

http://www.techmixer.com/bitdefender-rescue-cd-with-auto-update-virus-definition-features/

Fasttrack
08-21-2008, 12:53 AM
On a related note, I really like Spyware Doctor from PC Tools. Its found a few that SpyBot Search and Destroy didn't. In fact, when I got my new computer, I didn't even bother with the Spybot one. I heard about while driving a tractor, actually. Came on AM radio on saturday morning... some PC talk show or something where people call in with comp troubles. They recomend Spyware doctor, but then I think PC Tools sponsors the show... :rolleyes:

Anyway, it can be had for free through google. If you download the "google pack" but make sure not to check anything but the software you want!!