I finally have my Clausing 6903 working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clutch
    • Jun 2007

I finally have my Clausing 6903 working!

Clutch
  • wierdscience
    • Jan 2003

Nice save on the pulley,I also like the spindle drive
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• lazlo
      • Jun 2006

Ditto -- great restoration Clutch! The temporary spindle drive was definitely out of the box thinking!

These are great lathes -- I love my 5914.

How's the vibration on the VariSpeed now that you've rebuilt the drive sheave?
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• Ken_Shea
        • Aug 2006

Excellent Clutch,

I see in your profile you trade is machine repair, that had to help

Ken

Comment

• clutch
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by lazlo

How's the vibration on the VariSpeed now that you've rebuilt the drive sheave?
          Right now there isn't any that I notice.

Clutch

Comment

• clutch
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Ken_Shea
            I see in your profile you trade is machine repair, that had to help

Ken
            Usually I'm buying parts and sticking them on cnc equipment or automated assembly lines. This project was a good learning experience. Webb Wyman that is on many lists gave me a lot of very helpful advice. He was my lifeline.

Clutch
            Last edited by clutch; 09-07-2008, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• clutch
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by wierdscience
              Nice save on the pulley,I also like the spindle drive
              I had to come up with that when the place I work at came up with a policy of NO personal work using company machines. Even on your own time. Damn place is way too corporate.

Clutch

Comment

• winchman
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by clutch
                Your link doesn't work for me. I get this page instead of your pictures:
                bbs, unix, free shell, shell account, free shell account, shell access, free account, netbsd, public access, unix system, dec alpha, arpa, vhost, free webhosting, free webhost, free irc sundays, SDF, Super Dimension Fortress, lisp, genera, eggdrop, bouncer, learn unix, unix training, ethical social network, minecraft, paintchat, diaspora pod, pixelfed, mastodon, peertube

Roger
                Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

• oldtiffie
                  • Nov 1999

Diversion

Originally posted by clutch
                  Clutch, when I "click" on your link I keep getting diverted to:
                  bbs, unix, free shell, shell account, free shell account, shell access, free account, netbsd, public access, unix system, dec alpha, arpa, vhost, free webhosting, free webhost, free irc sundays, SDF, Super Dimension Fortress, lisp, genera, eggdrop, bouncer, learn unix, unix training, ethical social network, minecraft, paintchat, diaspora pod, pixelfed, mastodon, peertube

Any reasons or suggestions?

[Edit]

Sorry Roger (winchman) - I didn't see your post.

I will be interested to see the answer/s.

[End edit]
                  Last edited by oldtiffie; 09-07-2008, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• lazlo
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by oldtiffie
                    Clutch, when I "click" on your link I keep getting diverted to:

Any reasons or suggestions?
                    I'm getting the same thing, and it was working last night. Either Clutch ran out of his monthly bandwidth, or there's a DNS server somewhere fighting for freeshell.org's IP address.
                    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• clutch
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by lazlo
                      I'm getting the same thing, and it was working last night. Either Clutch ran out of his monthly bandwidth, or there's a DNS server somewhere fighting for freeshell.org's IP address.
                      You guessed right. Way over daily quota now. I stuck the page up on another server for now. The other site will reset in about 8 hours.

Clutch

Comment

Working...
                      X