X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pntrbl
    • Aug 2006

HF Grinders and the Search Function

I know the HF carbide grinders have been discussed extensively in the past because I remember the threads. Having recently acquired one I did a search to review and learn from everyone else's experience, but the word grinder just brings up entirely too many threads.

Is there a better way to search? So far I've tried HF grinder, with and without a plus sign between the two .....

As far as my experience I've already been filing the slots to get the tables operating better and I'm not impressed with the hardware. The screws that mount the wheels are so tore up at first I thought they were torx bits! The table locking screws are typical Cheezy Chinese at it's finest too.

I was also wondering about the drip cup. I don't remember any discussion about that. Is it because nobody uses it?

Thanx for any help and/or advice.

SP
  • Willy
    • Oct 2005

I tried "Harbor Freight tool grinder" and got this.

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• pntrbl
      • Aug 2006

Thanx Willy. Adding "tool" did the trick ....

SP

Comment

• lazlo
        • Jun 2006

I think the forum software ignores search terms less than three letters, so it will ignore "HF".
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

• J Tiers
          • Jan 2004

I find the search unuseful much of the time. And it seems to ignore some terms, I don't know how many it actually looks at.

In any case, the "use the search" advice (or annoyed scream, in some cases) is often a bit like suggesting " heres a teacup, empty the swimming pool".....

I often find that I get either a couple dubiously related threads (maybe a mention of the search term) or a flood of results.

Oddly, I have no problem with google searches, or searches on manufacturer websites, etc, so I don't think I have a basic problem with search terms... It seems to be the search on this software, because I frequently have similar problems with searches on other boards using versions of it.
          CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
          Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
          Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
          I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
          Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

• DICKEYBIRD
            • Apr 2004

A subject of much interest on my part.

Click Search>Advanced Search then enter Harbor Freight Carbide Grinder. Works for me.
            Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• J Tiers
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD
              A subject of much interest on my part.

Click Search>Advanced Search then enter Harbor Freight Carbide Grinder. Works for me.
              Works very well if you know the exact terms you wish to search for........ Your example is a bit of a straw man......
              CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
              Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
              Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
              I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
              Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
              X