PDA

View Full Version : New Shop Interior

madman
10-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Whuddyuh think of Garage Door panels?/ They have insulation inside and also steel painted surface? HM.??

macona
10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Any insulation is better than nothing. Also means you can make more noise in the garage without neighbors noticing. And dont get windows!

mark61
10-12-2008, 01:46 AM
There is a local garage door manufacture here in town. Several building have been built using seconds and damaged doors on the extriors. Insulates alright. Doesn't look all that bad hanging them verticly.If they are fiberglass they will melt PDQ in a fire! Painted steel are better. Door sections with windows in them look a little odd mixed in but work good for letting in light without letting in criminals.

mark61

Richard-TX
10-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Insulation is insulation. The higher the "R" etc etc. What is the "R" factor of those panels?

I put in 4 inches for fiberglass in the walls on top of the 1" Styrofoam insul-sheets. Then I put painted 1/2" plywood siding over that. That cut my electricity bill by 66 percent. My electric bill this summer peaked at just over $100 (yes I have an air conditioned shop) I have some more insulation to install. I would like to see the peak bill to be around $65.00. My shop is a 15x30 two story which make it the equivalent of a 30x30 shop.