PDA

View Full Version : OT - Firefox bookmark question...

Mike Burdick
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I have a laptop that that I won't be using. Is there a way I can copy the bookmarks I have on it (Firefox browser) and ADD it to my desktop computer's Firefox browser?

Thanks...

jacampb2
10-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Go bookmarks--> organize bookmarks.

Depending on version, pick export from the file menu, or back up bookmarks button

Mike Burdick
10-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Go bookmarks--> organize bookmarks.

Depending on version, pick export from the file menu, or back up bookmarks button

Thanks...

...but, how do I append those bookmarks to the bookmarks on my desktop computer? Or...will that file be editable with a text editor so I can just copy and paste to the bookmark file on my other computer?

MTNGUN
10-11-2008, 10:52 PM
If you don't already have it, install the Foxmarks add-on. It stores your bookmarks on a server, and Foxmarks can be set up to automatically synchronize the bookmarks on all your computers.

You'll need to install Foxmarks on all your PCs, and then enable auto sync and sync on shutdown.

I am typing this on my living room PC, which uses the same bookmarks as my shop PC, my backup PC, and my laptop, all thanks to Foxmarks.

And by the way, this thread is on topic, because PCs are shop tools nowadays.

andy_b
10-12-2008, 02:02 AM
start Firefox
click Bookmarks
click Organize Bookmarks
click Import and Backup

andy b.

dan s
10-12-2008, 03:40 AM
I second foxmarks...

If you don't already have it, install the Foxmarks add-on. It stores your bookmarks on a server, and Foxmarks can be set up to automatically synchronize the bookmarks on all your computers.

jacampb2
10-12-2008, 08:21 AM
The same button will import them back into the next browser.