PDA

View Full Version : 1/4-32 setscrew

arhctysv
07-21-2003, 03:13 PM
I am in need of 1/4-32 dog point setscrews
about 3/8" long. I might be able to use 1/2".
Could use as many as 2000. Thanks

mbensema
07-21-2003, 04:32 PM
You probably will have a hard time finding that anywhere. Try calling McMaster-Carr, they don't have it in their cataglog, but they are very good at getting whatever you need. Will 1/4-28 work? That would be much easier to find.

Mike

spope14
07-21-2003, 08:11 PM
MSC has these as well, I have bought special size items through them many a time, and they will have the bulk.

In a pinch, Fastenall has many colse outlets in all major towns and even many smaller towns - such as mine -. They can get these and other special sizes in 24 hours.

jfsmith
07-21-2003, 09:40 PM
I would contact a fastener wholesaler and see if they will cut you a deal. These are a specialty item and the retailers don't cut much slack on secial orders.

If they won't cut you a deal, you may have to buy a die and teach some out of work college grad how to make them.

Try the yellow pages.

Jerry

DR
07-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Guys,

When you need "specials" contact a large fastener distributor.

Years ago I made a product that needed a 10-24 x 3/16" binder head screw. I was told this was a non-standard item and would have to be specially made. My distributor at the time subscribed to a service which provided him with a large book (updated monthly) that listed all the overstock specials from fastener people around the country. Over a ten year period the distributor was always able to find these screws sitting on a shelf collecting dust in a warehouse somewhere. Likewise the 1/4-32 shouldn't be a problem.

I bet the same type of listing is available to distributors on the internet now.

WJHartson
07-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Your local fastener supplier can find them for you. As said in other post the suppliers have a network where they can find most anything if it has ever been made. My local supplier found me some stainless #5-40 nut.

Joe