PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever Expo

bdarin
01-05-2002, 11:09 PM
OK, so like who all out there is going? Might be cool to meet up with someone, somehow, sometime.

Thrud
01-06-2002, 02:13 AM
I doubt I can make it this year, but will email you if I can. I would not mind meeting a few faces as well. (we could all give Neil "the invisible editor" a hard time!)

Dave

ponderingjunkman
01-11-2002, 06:50 AM
My wife and I are planning to be there. Tell me, do you go mostly for the modeling? I confess, I just love the tables and tables of used tools and equipment! After I root through all the vendors stuff, then I soak up all the fine engines and models. Definately an event I look forward to!!

bdarin
01-11-2002, 10:19 AM
I, too, head straight for the vendors' tables to see what new stuff I can get. Prefer the used stuff as I already have enough new calipers and the like. Hope the guy with the gattling gun is there this year....need to check out some details on that baby. After loading up the car with loot, then, and only then, do I look at the models and take photos. You'll see me there with a 35mm camera.

[This message has been edited by bdarin (edited 01-11-2002).]

bighammer
01-13-2002, 02:03 PM
I should be there the weather gods willing and the Pa. turnpike is ok from eastern Ohio. Cookie

Dave Burnett
01-13-2002, 06:22 PM
to bdarin, Are you building a gatling gun? I have built 2 so far, one from a set of plans from Paul Moore and one from a set of plans from Douglas Schnider.

bdarin
01-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Dave....yes, I'm building the Douglas S. version. Housing and rotating parts are done, getting ready to start on the barrels. Wouldn't mind corresponding with you on this, since you've got 2 under your belt. Which one was easier to build, and which would you rather do again if you had to? You can contact me at bdarin@localnet.com. If you're going to Cabin Fever maybe we can arrange to meet and discuss the trials and tribulations of this ambitious project.

kap pullen
01-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Guys,

I'm thinking of going. Jared says they will have space for model displays on Saturday.

Probably take my "Little Hustler" loco.
Have to burn the midnight oil to finish up a couple of things.

May take a little cannon or two as well.
A little steamer?

Depends how my back feels end of the week.
Don't know the layout up there.

How far do we have to carry the stuff?
Does anyone know?

Kap Pullen