View Full Version : collet identification plese

10-26-2008, 09:54 AM
this is a 5/8" collet that is used in what i believe is a hand crank armature turning tool.

if its really special, how would a guy use it to hold a smaller sized shaft ? a reducer type collet inside this one ? or will it require some kind of custom made collet reducer that i could posslbly make ?


Ian B
10-26-2008, 10:16 AM

Is it any of these: http://shopswarf.orconhosting.net.nz/collet.html

A split sleeve could be inserted. If the resulting waal is (relatively) thick, you may need to run 2 more weakening slots along the outside to give it the required flex.