PDA

View Full Version : Another special screw

jacampb2
10-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what these are called, and where I might be able to purchase them at a reasonable price? Dimensions are not necessarily the same as the picture, it is just the only picture I could find online of what I am looking for. The screws do not need to be gold plated, but they are electrical terminal screws, so it can't hurt. As close as I can tell, they are a form of SEMS screw, but from what I have found, it is rare to find a SEMS with a square washer, and even more rare to get the serrated square washer. From what I can see, McMaster does not have anything similar...

Here is the picture:

http://www.rollmeover.com/bronco_fab/amps/sizes.jpg

Thanks,
Jason

barts
11-01-2008, 01:27 AM
#M408ZSPSQN-W

http://www.sems-screws.com/inventory.htm

- Bart

jacampb2
11-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Thanks, I found those once before, but when I inquired, their minimum order was HUGE. Far beyond what I could ever consider needing in a lifetime.

I guess I should have specified that I am looking for smaller quantities. A few hundred would be acceptable, a few thousand is not what I am after :D

Thanks,
Jason

davidh
11-01-2008, 08:29 AM
jason, a little "sugar" when you get to the customer service rep may get you a bunch of samples. . . . .

dream up a protype situation.

ask for say 30 or 40 of what you are looking for. . .

most of the time the customer service is but a small gear in the system. . .

it takes lots or "sugar" sometimes.

and call yourself a business, not an individual.

works for me a lot ! even mcmaster at times.

if ya can;t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****e

J Tiers
11-01-2008, 09:28 AM
The other point is that a "few" may actually cost MORE than a run of 10,000 or 50,000. And you can often get rid of your surplus to others who may have the same needs.

Those look like wire terminal screws, and are indeed normally a "special", although there are enough styles available that you won't have to pay tooling.