PDA

View Full Version : john stevenson, kudos to you!

steve schaeffer
07-26-2003, 02:53 AM
john,
i just finished the toolblock complete and ready for some toolholders, from your project that you developed and were so kind to share with the world. also, the website with pictures from your shop is awesome and i looked at every one of them. neeeeet stuff!
i stood there for about a half hour just looking at the toolblock, marveling in my own craftsmanship, with an ice cold beer in my hand., you also inspired me, i was going to buy a dovetail cutter but they were too expensive, so i made my own with a triangular carbide insert, single point. it did the job! i wish i could post a picture, because part of it can rightfully have your name on it as well as mine. just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to make a toolpost complete with the wedges and washers and stuff? im just wondering how slow i really am because it took a while.
im putting the toolblock on the new sheldon that i got running this week. i just really wanted to say thanks!

steve schaeffer

------------------
extreme tractor racing

SGW
07-26-2003, 07:34 AM
"It's a hobby. It's SUPPOSED to take a long time."

-- A member of the New England Model Engineering Society, whose name unfortunately escapes me.