PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of Bar feed and chip conveyor?

spope14
07-31-2003, 12:11 PM
I have been given a CNC Lathe for the machining program here. Problem is, this comes with a 14 foot bar feed and a chip conveyor. The area in my shop will not support the bar feeder unless a big hole in the wall is put in - not a popular idea with my boss, and the chip conveyor is not needed, and is also space taken up.

I would give these away free, you just have to come get them. Bar feed is 1986 L&S, chip conveyor is from a Mattsuura SL2.

Any takers, or any ideas on how to get rid of? I might just have to take thesre to a junk yard, but would first try to find them a home. I have until Aug 31 to clear this up, and they arrive with the machine Aug 9th.

L Webb
07-31-2003, 05:02 PM
I wish I were closer as I would take a look at the chip conveyor. I have one that is just too long for what I want to do with it. It came off an old LeBlond CNC lathe.
Anybody in Calif looking for a nice Jorgenson chip conveyor with new coolant pumps?

Les

spope14
07-31-2003, 05:20 PM
Forgot to mention, this is in New Hampshire. Guess Calif. is quite a bit out.....

C. Tate
07-31-2003, 10:41 PM
Spope,

If I make shipping arrangements will you load on truck?

Rustybolt
08-01-2003, 01:51 AM
Look at it this way. You have a nice supply of high quality steel tubing.

spope14
08-01-2003, 11:38 PM
I will send pics to you after I get the items, and you can decide. Send an e-mail via the link, and I will get in touch.

Yes, I can load the truck.

Serious, let me know. I want these to go to someone who needs or could use them, a good piece of machinery is so sad to waste.

Scott