PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dennis, I have something for you.

Evan
12-16-2008, 05:18 PM
CNC machined from heat treated surgical aircraft grade billet stainless steel, no expense spared. :D

http://metalshopborealis.ca/pics5/hdring1.jpg

http://metalshopborealis.ca/pics5/hdring2.jpg

http://metalshopborealis.ca/pics5/hdring3.jpg

So, when you coming up to get it?? <grin>

torker
12-16-2008, 05:22 PM
those are cool...you made them look just like little white boxes with red X's in them :D Oh..I just looked again...they are all identical too...ergo the CNC huh? ;)

Evan
12-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Are you on satellite Russ? I can't see them but Janet can in town on Telus High Speed. Xplornet isn't talking to my servers for some reason.

cuemaker
12-16-2008, 05:34 PM
i cant see em either and I am for sure on high speed

Fasttrack
12-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I can't see 'em either :(

garyphansen
12-16-2008, 05:36 PM
I do not even see little red X's, and I am on cable! Gary P. Hansen

dockrat
12-16-2008, 05:41 PM
like Russ said...neat lil red x's :( Strange...i'm on telus hispeed too like Janet but they arn't working for me.

Evan
12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm on the phone to the satellite provider right now. Odd that Janet can get through but not all you guys. There must be some sort of net split happening.

It seems to be a DNS issue that is causing the problem. We shall have to wait until it starts working.

John Stevenson
12-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Nuffin here, no red boxes even and we have recently upgraded to some super duper high speed cable thingy.

Evan
12-16-2008, 06:12 PM
The DNS caches aren't being refreshed with the information required to find my sites. As they expire the problem will become more widespread until it is fixed.

Dragons_fire
12-16-2008, 06:28 PM
im on a telus aircard, and i only see red squares too.. it must be some pretty high tech materials if no one can see it!!

dm1try
12-16-2008, 06:29 PM
there's an http server at ...225.90 where both primary and secondary nameservers of your domain point. but there's no any pics5/hdring?.jpg file there...

lazlo
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Can't see them either. I've mentioned before Evan -- you might consider hosting your pictures on Photobucket -- your web host for http://metalshopborealis.ca
is really, really slow.

Evan
12-16-2008, 06:39 PM
I just changed hosting from my own servers to a server farm with unlimited bandwidth. That isn't the problem any more. My old servers were slow because I get around 2000 to 3000 hits per day just from this BBS.

Evan
12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
I put them on with photobucket.

dockrat
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
WHOAAAAAA!!!! Now they work!!!! NIIIIIIIIIIIIICEE !!!!! Keep that up and your going to convince me to go CNC Evan!!!

torker
12-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Yup...waay nicer than the red X's! I'm on telus hi-speed too.
Very nice stuff!

TheAndroid
12-16-2008, 07:03 PM
CNC machined from heat treated surgical aircraft grade billet stainless steel, no expense spared. :D

Things must be different in Canada. Here in the States, we don't use aircraft for surgery.

Well....not intentionally!

mochinist
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
meh shouldve made it out of space grade stainless

:pI keed that is way cool

uncle pete
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I can see them, wish I couldn't, makes my machining look like a drunken monkey did it with a dull rock on a monday morning after a stat. holiday and come to think of it that's probably who machined/assembled my lathe.
VERY IMPRESSIVE WORK, Sell em on E bay 500 bucks easy, List it as billet unobtainium, cnc program written by Boyd Coddington during a seance, and was built 6 months ago for O.J. SIMPSON Gonna get then at least 1.5 mill.
Again very impressive, Amazing what some people can produce in a home shop, More impressive tho is, it was done on a home built cnc mill. I need to sell my machine tools and take up knitting.

Pete

John Stevenson
12-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Evan don't do Ebay but if he did they would jump on you like a ton of bricks selling HD merchandise.

Very nice now I can see the picture.

Fasttrack
12-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I was wondering about that... HD is pretty "tight-fisted" when it comes to people using their logo. Regardless, very nice work as usual. I've sent this thread to my Dad. He's a big HD fan.

lazlo
12-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Nice job Evan!

lunkenheimer
12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Don't be silly, that material is for surgery to aircraft, not surgery via aircraft. Or is it surgery while in an aircraft?

Way cool, Evan, can I get one with a Briggs and Stratton logo? :-)

Evan
12-16-2008, 07:59 PM
It's not for sale. I am giving it away. It will in turn be given away in return for a donation to support a brain damaged friend of Dennis. HD would have a hard time making a case for damages.

wierdscience
12-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Cool,mighty sharp looking job Evan.

dp
12-16-2008, 09:52 PM

That's a beautiful job, Evan. That's going to look good on the auction.

Looks like I'd better plan a trip when this arctic blast is done with us!

DickDastardly40
12-17-2008, 04:55 AM
I put them on with photobucket.

I can't get photobucket at work due to restrictions :(

Shame as usually I get to see Evans stuff becauase it's not on photobucket when I can't see anyone elses.

Oh well have to wait until I get home and hope SWMBO isn't playing on-line scrabble.

torker
12-17-2008, 08:09 AM
It's not for sale. I am giving it away. It will in turn be given away in return for a donation to support a brain damaged friend of Dennis. HD would have a hard time making a case for damages.
H-D can be right A-holes when it comes to their logo. I'm sure you won't have a problem but they do get snotty. There's a small pub close to here.
Been a "Weekend Warrior" pit stop for years. Sometimes the parking lot is packed full of Harleys and other makes.
The guys wife (I believe) painted up a really nice Harley sign to put outside the bar.
Sign was out there for years.
Harley rep stops by for beers...next thing you know they are embroiled in a court battle over this stupid sign.
They lost the case and had to remove the precious sign.
Made H-D look pretty small in all the locals eyes.

Your Old Dog
12-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Nice job Evan, it would have been a perfect job had you designed a small oil reservoir that leaked into it :D

Dawai
12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah, when you get all them computer problems up there sorted out, I can cook you a stack of pancakes before you fix the ones here..

Life is changing.. I have worked for free for three weeks on computer problems.. if I had a real job I'd be internet-less..

I've chucked two into the corner.. pulled the good parts out.. too much to work on at once..

EVAN.. it is much easier to carve wax.. cast rings... and you can make them from any light melting metal you want.. THE harley riders today are a different breed than they used to be.. Stainless is probably out except for the old hardcores..

I made this dragon ring.. each ringlet had a socket and pyramid that locked into the next.. it went across four fingers.. the tail curling up on the lil finger, the head and horns on the fore finger. the legs and back spines on each finger. when you closed a fist they self centered and locked together..
It'd drawed blood like a mace.. I used it one time for what I designed it for.. Coming out of a concert in Colorado Springs, I got surrounded by young skinheads.. I had a 20 year old date, I reached down and backhanded the boy's crotch barring my way with that rings and he back pedaled out of my way. We left.. All I can figure is my eyes are dark and my head was shaved?? I tattooed most them boys before I was done with that town..

Evan
12-17-2008, 08:55 AM
I am well aware of HDs attitude re their trademarks. HD tried to patent the sound that a 60 degree V-twin makes which held up the production and sale of various similar Harley-Like bikes from Japan until the case was settled. Even the US patent office couldn't accept a sound as patentable so they lost. It may have something to do with the fact that the 60 degree cyclinder angle wasn't invented by HD.

At any rate I have no intention of selling anything with a HD logo on it. In this case the eventual recipient of any benefit is a person that was gravely injured with a permanent and severe disability while using one of HD's products. Try that in court these days and see who ends up paying.

Dawai
12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah Donna (insert present last name here) she had a restaruant called "fatboys" in Dalton Ga..

Everything was wonderful.. parking lot full of harleys.. she used to be this lil sexy barmaid with Daisy Duke shorts that everyone loved. (time, has not been KIND to her). THEN THE LORD HD came down and made her remove her sign.. she changed the name to something else.. I told her I could go to court and swear she named the bar after my physicque..

Her business dwindled after the "catchy" name was gone.. people are so shallow.. I used to pick her up and she was as firm as a ripe watermelon.. her breasts hurt my chest... Now she is as squishy as I am now.. ha...

Carving wax.. get the hard stuff.. I forget seems it is blue.. casting? a old stainless stock pot with castable refractory around a oatmeal box? I got one somewhere.. cpu controlled.. the wax burnout oven can be cpu controlled too.. the investment for the lost wax casting must be purged of the wax.. you step it up in temperatures in 200 degree increments up to the finali of 1200 degrees. Don't leave it long there or details fade away. cast there.. I used sections of 3 & 4" stainless tube as flasks..
It takes about 12 hours to do a effective wax burnout. In the early 80s I had a old 286 doing it for me, program written in turbo basic. I'd drink beer till it was time to pour the molten metal. (it'd heat up in the last two hours of burnout. NOW, I think that was suicidal. I can remember trying to put out the fire in the floor from some spilled silver.. I think I poured beer on it and peed on it.. I kept a bucket of water from then on..

You can use stainless mig wire for a element.. they last about a year. Coil it around a dowel, then stretch it to fit the holder you whittle out in the refractory. a industrial light dimmer can keep it "red" by limiting the current.. A SSR turns it on and off via the parallel port just fine..

DONNA.. she got me one night.. I was made out a turkey.. she asked me if I wanted to see her new tattoo.. came up.. pulled them shorts back.. I was down there looking for a parakeet tattoo, forgot all about the naked thing in front of me.. the whole place full of bikers were looking at me with big eyes.. I said.. Donna, I don't see a parakeet. she said.. shucks.. my ***** must have ate it.. she then giggled and walked off.. I was standing there looking at all the people looking at me.. I can tell you I was looking for that tattoo so hard I never noticed the naked..
A year or so back.. My wife took me out for breakfast on my birthday, there was Donna, she sang happy birthday backwards for me.. started singing... then turned her back and finished it..

I bought her a karate uniform and paid for her first lessons.. I think I have always loved her.. Anyways, I have always scared her to death.. I make goose bumps come up on her by being close to her.

GOOD job, I hate machining stainless..

Evan
12-17-2008, 10:19 AM
It was a nice test of the rigidity of the 4th axis since the holes were made by plunging an end mill. The machine quivered a bit but they came out round. I also managed to make it do two circumference cuts, a total of about 7 inches, using a 1/8th solid carbide 4 flute endmill in one pass and didn't break it.

I did some experimenting with heat coloring SS and will be using it on some future item. I also developed just the right graver tip shape and cutting speed to make a deep but not too deep line in stainless. It took a lot longer than just the making of the ring would take and was a valuable project for building my technique database.

dp
12-17-2008, 10:55 AM
It was a nice test of the rigidity of the 4th axis since the holes were made by plunging an end mill. The machine quivered a bit but they came out round. I also managed to make it do two circumference cuts, a total of about 7 inches, using a 1/8th solid carbide 4 flute endmill in one pass and didn't break it.

I did some experimenting with heat coloring SS and will be using it on some future item. I also developed just the right graver tip shape and cutting speed to make a deep but not too deep line in stainless. It took a lot longer than just the making of the ring would take and was a valuable project for building my technique database.

People are already lining up to bid on it! Nice touch on the coloring. We have another Canadian friend up your way that has hefty laser equipment and plenty of talent. He figured a way to colorize chromed parts and used his laser to paint photographs onto the chrome clutch, or "derby" cover on the Harley engine, and gas caps. It is a domed surface and of course very reflective, but the resulting image is excellent. Here's his website: http://members.shaw.ca/dulmage/page3.html

I have a couple of the brass bells shown on that page, and the rest of the set brought in nearly $1,000 for the auction.

Evan
12-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Perhaps the one thing that draws me to this hobby more than anything else is that there is always something new to learn no matter what your experience level, always a new puzzle to solve and always an improvement to be made to existing equipment. The damned shame of it is that some aspect of this knowledge is lost every time a master machinist dies.

Were I in charge at Village Press I would archive this entire BBS, warts and all and hang a really good search tool on the front of it. Download all the available images to go with it with permission of the authors (1) and include them as local files all on a DVD. Maybe give somebody the job of going through the entire thing quickly flagging threads that have good advice, and there are plenty of those.

[1] It wouldn't be as hard as you might think to get permission for the images. When I joined this BBS almost nobody was posting pictures. I basically got everyone going on that by finding Photobucket and then writing a tutorial on how to do it. If the management simply solicited permission from the posters of images they would probably get permission for a large percentage of the postings. Nearly all of the images I have posted are still online and account for about 20,000 hits per week from over 6000 different computers just from this BBS on my server. So far this month I have had 48,617 hits just from this BBS.

dp
12-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Were I in charge at Village Press I would archive this entire BBS, warts and all and hang a really good search tool on the front of it. Download all the available images to go with it with permission of the authors (1) and include them as local files all on a DVD. Maybe give somebody the job of going through the entire thing quickly flagging threads that have good advice, and there are plenty of those.

That's something that can be done from here without even getting out of my chair. I've archived (at owner request) a number of sites over the years. Some so I could migrate it to my own hosting service, and some because the owner wanted a PDF version of the site on DVD.

[1] It wouldn't be as hard as you might think to get permission for the images. When I joined this BBS almost nobody was posting pictures. I basically got everyone going on that by finding Photobucket and then writing a tutorial on how to do it. If the management simply solicited permission from the posters of images they would probably get permission for a large percentage of the postings. Nearly all of the images I have posted are still online and account for about 20,000 hits per week from over 6000 different computers just from this BBS on my server. So far this month I have had 48,617 hits just from this BBS.

I got a huge spike from PM when I posted the links to my Forrest Addy scraping class pix and vids. There's lots of lurkers between here and there.

derekm
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/2madmax/hdring1.jpg

Nice machining - "nice bike for a girl" ...

Derek - Who rides a http://www.bonnevilleowners.com/hinklytriumph.jpg, a real bike- "if you need to ask you wouldnt understand"
("nice bike for a girl " courtesy of Jools Holland who rides a Vincent)

Dawai
12-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Such Childish displays..

Nice machining - "nice bike for a girl" ...
Derek - Who rides a Triumph, a real bike- "if you need to ask you wouldnt understand"
("nice bike for a girl " courtesy of Jools Holland who rides a Vincent)

I try not to insult anybodies bike, not because it might be the best thing they can afford, or the brain cells might all be shorted out, or some misguided words from someone they trusted..

Childish.. childish..

There is some "real men" screaming in their pillows late at night in prison.. Who is the real man??? (never been there)

I went to buy a KZ1000 chromed out the yin yang.. I could not get the gears to change.. THE mechanic that had cleaned it up, came out.. Said quite loudly.. "IT IS A MANS BIKE, it takes a man to ride this bike.."

As he rode off into the distance, the gears would not change. clearly..

AS he pulled back onto the parking lot, I mentioned loudly.. "I GUESS WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR A MAN"... he ducked his head and went inside so damn mad you could fry eggs on his face..

So? is a triumph really a mans bike? Or just what makes you happy? You know some men's sexual preference is not what mine is either.. they can go that way.. as long as they don't rub my nose in the "judgement they passed I am wrong and they are right"...

Me? I like women.. whoo hoo.. Much better than the cows on the farm.. MOOOOOO....

derekm
12-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Such Childish displays..

I try not to insult anybodies bike, not because it might be the best thing they can afford, or the brain cells might all be shorted out, or some misguided words from someone they trusted..

Childish.. childish..

There is some "real men" screaming in their pillows late at night in prison.. Who is the real man??? (never been there)

I went to buy a KZ1000 chromed out the yin yang.. I could not get the gears to change.. THE mechanic that had cleaned it up, came out.. Said quite loudly.. "IT IS A MANS BIKE, it takes a man to ride this bike.."

As he rode off into the distance, the gears would not change. clearly..

AS he pulled back onto the parking lot, I mentioned loudly.. "I GUESS WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR A MAN"... he ducked his head and went inside so damn mad you could fry eggs on his face..

So? is a triumph really a mans bike? Or just what makes you happy? You know some men's sexual preference is not what mine is either.. they can go that way.. as long as they don't rub my nose in the "judgement they passed I am wrong and they are right"...

Me? I like women.. whoo hoo.. Much better than the cows on the farm.. MOOOOOO....

To be factually correct the Triumph 900 is owned by my wife and it was bought on her whim, she lets me ride it and she has raced a Triumph as well, but I thought it would be fun to wind up HD riders, with a quotable quote from Jools Hooland, who are so so so into their bike brand.

she doesnt understand why anyone would want a HD either I guess neither of us have a chrome fetish :)

Dawai
12-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I own one and half Harleys.. got a few I work on for others.. one that won't go away.. it keeps coming back hours after I send it off..

I had one like that once.. took ten years of $100+ a week to rid it of all the ailments.. I've had a few that never needed a wrench pulled on them.

Lil brother has built a few " Harley clones" now.. he can do one cheap enough to make several grand on it or ride it a year and sell it for profit..

I like em all... I want a hayabusa so bad I can taste it.. had the money.. was sitting in the bath tub telling the wife I was going to buy one.. the water got cold before that conversation was settled. I've went down there with a checkbook twice now.. keep walking off.. My house has never been finished either.. we are living in it.. She is afraid she'll have to wipe my rear and drool off my face.. (hopefully not with the same rag)

The whole end result is to have fun.. hopefully get out what you put into it.. I rode a 400cc Honda six speed around here grinning ear to ear.. I could pick it up by the handlebars and turn it around in the drive like a bicycle..

Harley Davidson is not our friend.. they have forgotten about us lil guys. It is a good place to go buy a tee shirt and fashion statement clothing. Why should I get angry when someone speaks the truth or close to it?

Make what you can in your shop, ride what you want. You'll hear no complaints or major critism from me.. I may rag you if I feel like it.. but it goes both ways with no hard feelings.

I am really surprised some of you guys have not taken one of the $500 six speeds they sell for harley clones.. rigged it up behind a Vee industrial engine and made a better bike than sold.. it is not all cubic inches and ego.. it is about having fun.. OR a Yamar diesel? OR???
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/ibewgypsie/Daddy.jpg
So secure in my "manhood" can paint mine purple.. and smile..

A.K. Boomer
12-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Nice job Evan, it would have been a perfect job had you designed a small oil reservoir that leaked into it :D

And perhaps a button to push on it that makes a wet fart sound...

dp
12-17-2008, 04:39 PM
It's not the ride that matters - it's the road. There's no shortage of rib poking about the various brands we all ride and it's all in good fun and it's been going on since before Harley met Davidson. I've owned a Honda, Yamaha, two Hodakas, a Bultaco, some Harleys, and a Triumph Bonnie I'd love to have back. I had a Royal Enfield I'd like to have back too but only for a museum piece :)

Back to the topic: Evan's contribution to the charitable auction is a very nice one and will help our friend Eddie continue getting the PT care and other things he needs. Nobody's more appreciative than Eddie's mom. And me.

ahidley
12-17-2008, 07:00 PM
I really like that Evan. You did an awsome job. But................ If I were to go into the store and see two on the shelf. One in stainless and one that was heated to make the stainless blue, I would buy the blue one... Like a blue chip curling off. But then would it stay blue?? probally not..........

Evan
12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
This ring hasn't been colored at all, it's just lighting in the first image. So far in my experiments blue is very hard to attain reliably. It starts to show up just before the metal begins to glow and that wipes it out. However, a beautiful deep rich antique gold color is possible and looks very cool. It won't be mistaken for gold but it won't be taken for something cheap either.

The finish is fairly durable. It can be buffed off but not instantly. It doesn't crack or chip and if it wears off it will do so very smoothly in the areas most subject to rubbing and abrasion so it should still look good.

ahidley
12-18-2008, 09:09 AM
awsome, AWSOME job...........

Dawai
12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Problem with "rings" is that around machinery if they get caught in or up in a spinning or moving part they remove the finger.

I was climbing some carpet racks... okay.. I was sent out with a six foot ladder to access some things 30 feet off the floor.. I got near to the top and was grasping the corner angle iron.. A slot was broke out of the punched Rack angle.. My grip slipped slightly and I slid down the 4" angle about a inch.. my ring finger was trapped in the V-slot bent outward.. If I had slipped further it would have taken my finger off.. I removed that ring that day.

Another buddy was working in a 480 panel.. when his golden wedding band shorted out, it vaporized on one side, it also burned his finger so bad they had to amputate it. There was "grease" marks inside the panel where the fluids had boiled out of his finger.

BUT.. Most us "BURLY" men want a massive Macho statement on our fingers.. till you ride a harley with a big ring on you have no clue how sore a finger gets with the big nugget vibrating and shaking around on your finger.. I mean some of them old junk harleys if you let go of the handlebars at idle you had to grab at "where they should be" to get back ahold of them. They flop like a tuning fork. I hdd one POS that the front wheel would hop as it idled un-attended..
THOSE interlocking dragon rings I mentioned before were the most painful thing to wear on a bike.. and put the sharp spiny things into your pocket it was near as much so.. , I left them with the young girl I was dating in COlorado.. a dusty memento of a short relationship?

A true quality ring is small, thin castings and light.. no obtrusions sticking out, a simple band is probably best for us machine shop workers, welders, electricians..

I'd like to see more of the machining setup.. more people here could use a rotary machine tool.. be it sharpening a endmill or making a ring, or carving wax to cast into a scope mount for a spanish mauser...

Telescopes? guns? robotics? yeah.. rotary machining 4 axis.

DP: it is great you are helping a downed friend... I looked around at collection night in a tavern one night.. the plate was being passed for a guy who's child was born with a open spine.. the guy collecting it had not had a job for as long as I remember.. money had been taken up for various ailments for his live ins for 30 years.. By the way, his drug habit was the reason his child was born so.. Not really Karma? but self inflicted troubles like a engineer caused train wreck.. He sits at home drawing a Crazy check from SS while I have climbed ladders in the freezing weather and worked in unheated plants all over the place.. He drank there in that tavern all night long.. I made mention that he had better save his money for his child's medical bills and he asked me to mind my own business. I could barely hold a screwdriver the next day on my job..

SO, if you know personally the person needing help I suggest you give freely.. but my days of anonymous charity is long gone.

God bless the generous and the needy.. God D### the greedy and shiftless.. Not all are on harleys.

Evan, when you gonna build a edm??? you got the machinery to position it..

A.K. Boomer
12-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I know what you mean Dave, I havent worn a ring in about 30 years -- I know a body shop guy back in Mich. who was wrenching on a fender and got his wedding band caught between the positive battery terminal and ground, it welded itself into place on both contacts and turned red hot with his finger still in:eek: I need all the freedom i can get while wrenching - plus its a good way to stay single:D

Evan
12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
EDM, someday...

I have never worn jewelery, not even a wedding ring. Too dangerous around photocopiers with high voltage and moving parts etc. Also, I have big finger joints that the ring has to fit over and then it rattles loose on the finger. Funny thing is that this ring fits me better than any I have tried.

I'll be making more rings and I will document the process. I didn't do so this time because the process was not refined enough. That's doublespeak for "I made a lot of mistakes and am not going to show them to you".
:D

Ryobiguy
12-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I have never worn jewelery, not even a wedding ring. Too dangerous around photocopiers with high voltage and moving parts etc.

Same here, I got married when I was working in the print shop, running my namesake Ryobi press. Didn't want to add to the danger of it, particularly when reaching in to grab sample sheets with the gripper bars whizzing around at about 300 feet per minute just inches away from my fingers.

-Matt

P.S. As always, AWESOME job Evan!

dp
12-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks, Bud!!

The ring was won at auction and the winner said put it back up and auction it again and it sold again, bringing in nearly $1500 in bids and follow-on donations. The final winner gave me instructions to send it to Eddie for Christmas and it went out in the mail today. Eddie's mom had heard about it and will handle the details when it gets to Ohio.

What a great thing that turned out to be. Thanks again!

Edit: Just realized it will be in his home just about a year to the day from this thread's first post!

lugnut
12-14-2009, 11:06 PM
no photos
mel:confused:

dp
12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
no photos
mel

I'm in Seattle and Eddie's in Ohio so I'll have to wait on photos, too.

Edit: Just realized what you mean - I run a caching proxy here so still have the original images in long term cache (Evan's pictures have expired from PhotoBucket) :) I'll post a link to the pics in a few seconds.

http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/machinery/hd-ring/hdring1.png
http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/machinery/hd-ring/hdring2.png
http://thevirtualbarandgrill.com/machinery/hd-ring/hdring3.png

Evan
12-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Wow. You just made my day Dennis. I can't believe it was that popular and motivated people like that. I hope Eddie likes it.

lugnut
12-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Cool !
Thanks
Mel

dp
12-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Here's some more pictures from when it was at auction:

http://EddieKieger.com/auction-images/h-dring01.jpg

http://EddieKieger.com/auction-images/h-dring02.jpg

http://EddieKieger.com/auction-images/h-dring03.jpg

Tony Ennis