PDA

View Full Version : OT: E-mail problem

halac
12-21-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm away visiting my sister in Florida. She has a high speed internet connection that I'm connected to.

I can receive mail but cannot send it out. I get this message when it times out.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone be of help?

Thanks in advance.

dp
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I host a number of bellsouth folks who have "roaming" problems. It appears that host (it's actually a pair of hosts) accept connections only if you are attached via the bellsouth network. You need to contact them and ask for their traveling user mail server.

halac
12-22-2008, 07:22 PM
After a lengthy session with a technical adviser on AT&T's web site, I was told the only way I can get out going e-mail is to use their web mail page. Basically I was told I can't use Outlook Express while I'm on the road away from my Bellsouth hookup.

Such is life. :(

dp
12-22-2008, 07:40 PM
After a lengthy session with a technical adviser on AT&T's web site, I was told the only way I can get out going e-mail is to use their web mail page. Basically I was told I can't use Outlook Express while I'm on the road away from my Bellsouth hookup.

That's why I have so many Bellsouth customers.

dan s
12-22-2008, 07:47 PM

Hal,

You should set up an Gmail account, and then just use outlook to connect to Gmail. I have yet to find a service provider with a decent email service.

dp
12-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I have yet to find a service provider with a decent email service.

Ouch! Email service is my specialty! :)

nitro
12-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Try www.mail2web.com

Your Old Dog
12-22-2008, 08:28 PM
I'd use hotmail.com instead of gmail. I get tons of spam from gmail users. My daughter uses gmail when she is visiting here and now I get several emails aday of spam from users of gmail service.