PDA

View Full Version : OT/Women and Christmas...

torker
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
I gotta ask you guys...would there even be a Christmas if it weren't for the women in our lives?
I know there wouldn't be much of a one if it was up to me around here.
Same thing every year...I seem to get really busy just before Christmas and get so wrapped up in work...that i don't do much towards the Christmas effort.
Next thing I know...it's Christmas morning..."someone" has bought and wrapped all the presents.... cooked all the food...decorated the whole house etc.
I think I know who Santa really is...
Merry Christmas!!!!
Russ

S_J_H
12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm sitting on the computer right now while my wife is wrapping presents. I did however do my part for the holidays. I made a batch of my potent Swedish Glogg. :D

Steve

Bob Ford
12-23-2008, 10:52 AM
We do our celebrating year round, not just on days selected by others.
Wife likes to do all the decorations though.
Bob

torker
12-23-2008, 10:57 AM
We do our celebrating year round,
Bob
Bob...you just reminded me of my old alcoholic days :D

dockrat
12-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Right now I'm just looking for the S.O.B. that was wishing for a white Christmas. :D OK so I'm a grinch but i'm sick of shoveling.

Dawai
12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I was pretty much killing myself a slow death of alcohol and loneliness before my wife came along.

Now she acts like she wants to at times.

I can remember waking up with a fruit jar of moonshine and a harley wheel in bed with me.

She found out I was drinking it, pouring "real lemon" on a dish sponge and sucking it.. she showed up in ten minutes with lemons.. said she didn't want me to have dishwater mouth.

I do not drink at all now.

Merry Holidays, it is not about drinking, it is about enjoying life. If it takes Alcohol to do so, you are doing something wrong.

SNOW, who needs stinking snow.. we woke up to 14 degrees Monday Morn.. geeze.. same front but it missed the fourteen days of rain before the cold snap..

Alistair Hosie
12-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Dave I tried again 5 times to finally it rang you didn't answer so will try in the new year or after Christmas. Have a great on glad you are taking better care of your self.I am going to lose weight after the new year and try to look after myself better too my knees are getting sore with ragged carteledge :Dtake care all my friends Alistair

Carld
12-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Bah humbug;)

KiddZimaHater
12-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Before my wife came along, my Christmasses involved TV Dinners, Beer and Bowl Games.
And possibly spreading Holiday Cheer at the nearest Gentleman's Club.

speedy
12-24-2008, 06:16 AM
today I was clearing the backyard ( you know how women are about that) and preparing homemade marinated mussels and baking homemade grain bread for the big day. The mussels are fat and juicy this time of year when the Pohutukawa is flowering ( Two for the bowl and one for me :) ).
The missus does the rest; she enjoys it.
I am all over it with Christmas; seen too many of the commercial events.
On the bright side though, you get to see the ones you care about.
On the downside, the ones you couldn't care quite as much for turn up as well.
Merry Christmas to you all.

PTSideshow
12-24-2008, 06:49 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ptsideshow/assorted/Christmas08.jpg

She is into Christmas,She would leave it up all year if it wasn't for the dusting ;) 14 foot locker sized plastic bins of Christmas stuff. Collected over 35 years of marriage, This year it was her Holiday Barbie's that got displayed and not the 450 plus Santa's. She got tired after the 7 tree's and doing the living room. So It was only for my exercise of bring the other 8 bins down from the attic and putting them back.
Merry Christmas,Happy Holidays and a great New Year! To all the members, and to the staff of VP and the Moderators of the board. For a another good year!

Evan
12-24-2008, 07:24 AM
I went for a walk in the back yard with the dog yesterday while my wife was at work. She says I don't get out enough and she's right. I hate cold weather but I took my camera to get a few shots.

http://metalshopborealis.ca/pics5/xmas081.jpg

http://metalshopborealis.ca/pics5/xmas082.jpg

http://metalshopborealis.ca/pics5/xmas083.jpg

http://metalshopborealis.ca/pics5/xmas084.jpg

Circlip
12-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Reading Torkers mention the other day of Kimberly brought back memories of my late Father. In WW11 he was based near to Kimberly with the RAF and in a photo album were pictures of him working on Hamdens, winter scenes of the area, a ski jump they wouldn't let him have a go on, Calgary stampede. Lost the book years ago but Evans walk in the woods brought back the pickies.

Regards Ian.

alanganes
12-24-2008, 10:38 AM
We have a lot of pine forest around here as well, not so expansive as yours, though. They are awesome in the snow. Nice pics, Evan. Gee, I knew it was remote up there, but you even managed to get a shot of Santa!:D Hope he let you some goodies...

lynnl
12-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Nice pictures Evan. Thanks for sharing.
I guess I'm a contrarian southerner. I love snow and winter ...don't think I'd ever tire of it.

Merry Christmas All!!!

Lynn

speedy
12-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Evan, you live in a beautiful part of the world............... and you take good pictures as well!
Is that Santa??
Here's to ya all ( downs a glass of the good stuff ), hoping that you all are able to spend time with your loved ones.