PDA

View Full Version : A ring from Evan

Carld
01-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Today I got the Copper ring with the Lords prayer on it that Evan made and offered to the first to ask. I had forgotten to send my address :o but he reminded me and I did it.

:eek: WOW, what a nice ring and the very small printing in Latin was readable with a 10X glass.

;) Thanks Evan I like it very much. :D

Evan
01-06-2009, 05:13 PM
You are very welcome Carl. I'm happy to hear it came through with no problem.

Your Old Dog
01-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Evan, if I sent you a picture of my Rong Foo mills exploaded diagram could you put that on a ring for me? :D

Seriously, when you going to start making some green with that mill of yours. I can't help but think there has to be a niche area for you to make some money in.

Evan
01-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm practicing. :D

I am considering it. I like making things for people too but not so much for money. I have been asked if I would like to do a one man show at the local art gallery but it would be a huge amount of work. It would also be expensive to put on. To properly display my astrophotos they would all have to be in either a digital frame or a transparency in a light box. Night sky shots are all about subjects that emit light and they don't look good as reflectors. I mostly do this stuff for my own satisfaction. Unless you have done astrophotography you have no idea how difficult it is to get the perfect shot. There are so many things that can foul up that it's like winning the lottery when everything works at the same time. Every single image that I have shown here is far from being perfect. Each could be better by a lot even using the same equipment.

I have some plans to make some products to sell at the star party in August. I already have plans to go for the week and there are a lot of well heeled hard core amateur and professional astronomers there with some very serious equipment. I've been twice and have one award for mechanical excellence from a 4 judge panel that included a professional machinist. It helps the sales a lot and I am hoping for another one this year.

It's nice though to give stuff away. It helps to reduce my stress level.

Carld
01-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Well, I'll say I am amazed at the perfect little letters on that ring and the very fancy letters are clear and sharp.

I am VERY impressed with your work on the ring even if it is done with a CNC. I can't read Latin but I keep picking it up and looking at the letters and smile.

tony ennis
01-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Carl. Post a picture, dude.

Evan
01-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Here is a picture of Carl's ring.

http://metalshopborealis.ca/pics5/pnring.jpg