PDA

View Full Version : Machine Tool Reconditioning Status

allfoden
08-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Does anyone know the status of the last round of the order of this book? I sent
in funds for purchase/shipping of the book
and never received the book or return of funds. I forget the name of the person who
was kindly doing the order and shipping for
people on this site.

jfsmith
08-06-2003, 08:18 PM
which round of purchasing were you in? The list has been saturated with this subject a while ago.

I am not the person who made this offer to do such a noble and responsible thing.

Jerry

Dave Opincarne
08-06-2003, 08:25 PM
I asked about it a couple of weeks ago. Ken Garver was the person taking the orders. I have not had any response to e-mails or mesages posted here and am starting to get upset. Can anyone offer an explanation why I should not have this nagging feeling that I've lost my money?

I'd like to know how many others are still waiting on books from the order that was suposed to be sent in at the end of May?

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Opincarne (edited 08-06-2003).]

dvideo
08-07-2003, 01:01 AM
Ken has my order, too.... I know he was waiting for enough orders and payments to show up.

I can wait, as he has done a good service. It will have a lot of ripples.

Jerry

eeler1
08-07-2003, 01:18 AM
I'm in the latest order too, and sent him a couple of extra bucks to help cover his losses on the first orders. If this works out, he would save me about $35 off the normal price, which I appreciate very much. Still, it would be nice to know the status on this thing.

Jon

Ian B
08-07-2003, 07:17 AM
I'm also in the latest batch; I received a prompt reply from Ken 8 days ago, he said that the cheque was on the way to the publishers as of last weekend.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Dave Opincarne
08-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Well I feel a little better knowing he responded to someones e-mail. I sent him a note telling him I'm moving and wanted to find out when the order would be sent out so I'd know which address to have it sent to. Never heard back from him so I guess I'll keep checking my old address since my freinds still live there. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//frown.gif

-Dave

kgarver
08-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Hi All,

The check was sent out this week for the third and final lot of books. So far I have not gotten the books in yet. They should be here by next week. Sorry for the delay. I seem to be behind on all of my projects lately.

Regards, Ken

Oso
08-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Lemme just say that I was on the first order, and got my book muy pronto.

After 160 or so book orders, I would hope we can cut him some slack.

I know, I can afford to say that, I'M all right, but its true even so.

I appreciate his efforts, and can also appreciate the amount of work it turned into.

Ken: are you up to even yet on the chip-ins for the no-show books?