PDA

View Full Version : Free milling vise (pick up only, please)

Pherdie
01-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Several weeks ago I started a thread relative to possible issues I was having with an Enco (Elephant brand) 6" milling vise. I have since replaced the Enco vise with a new Kurt.

I am not selling the vise as I am unsure of it's proper function as a "locking" vise. I believe the ways on the sliding nut to be slightly out of parallel (several thousandth's), but repairable with the use of surface grinder. I don't have a surface grinder, or access to one. The vise does work well other wise and has no damage what so ever (tool marks, cracks, broken casting, etc).

Hopefully the unit can find it's way to a young person getting started or other person who is financially challenged. It is not being given away for someone's intended resale. Please respect that wish. I am in the Sacramento area.

Please PM if interested.....

doctor demo
01-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Several weeks ago I started a thread relative to possible issues I was having with an Enco (Elephant brand) 6" milling vise. I have since replaced the Enco vise with a new Kurt.

I don't have a surface grinder, or access to one. The vise does work well other wise and has no damage what so ever (tool marks, cracks, broken casting, etc).

Are You still looking for a small surface grinder? P M sent.

Steve

BillH
01-11-2009, 01:10 AM
I just bought the 4" version of that vice, without the base, half off for 65$ I haven't miked it yet.