PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to distract...but I actually made something...

torker
01-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Don't mean to interupt all the recent foolishness...but I couldn't help it..I've wanted to make one of these for some time now.
I really needed one the other day so I thought...time to get off the terlet and make one...it's not quite done yet but a pretty neat project...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/torker/IMG_0059.jpg
And here's the boring bar holder I made for the new 1" trigon bar i got awhile back.
I cheated...in true weldors fashion...I welded a block on the side of the big one and got the job done...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/torker/IMG_0060.jpg
Russ

lane
01-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Nice I have one of those and have never used it . i like the one that just clamps on the spindle nose have 3are4 of them.

doctor demo
01-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Russ, that aluminum set-up You have there looks a little light to handle that big bar and bar holder but I guess if You take small cuts at low speed it might bore wax with out to much chatter.:eek:
If it were Me , Ithink I would only use that ''boring head'' for an indicator holder like in Your pic.:D .
How is Your Global Warming doing? Or are You still shoveling.

Steve

J.Ramsey
01-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Torker
The zero set you built looks good, on the one I made years ago I put a thumb screw on the lower guide rod to lock the fine adjustment.

Since I made mine I haven't used the flimsy Indicol.

Get a vertical indicator it eliminates the walk around/ neck strain and mirrors.:) .

torker
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks Lane...
Steve...LOL! Ya it'll be a little wild...clamping that boring bar on the indicator holder. Prolly have to keep the R's under 1500 eh?
BTW...our globe has warmed up here for the time being...nice not having to feed stoves all day and night. Be back shoveling tomorrow by the sound of it.

J...I still have the thumb screw to install(as you mentioned)...I have to
taper the main block...cut the slider block down a tad then slit for the two main rails and instal a thumb screw for that as well. Prolly about an hour left. This was a nice lil' project for anyone looking for something cool to build.