X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G.A. Ewen
    • Mar 2003

Strange Jobs

This is one of the most unusual jobs that I have ever been asked to do. The fella that ordered these brackets is going to screw them to the bottoms of a pair of ski boots so that he can hang by his feet like a bat! His goal is to relieve lower back pain.

www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/GAEWEN/e11bf45e.jpg
    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison
  • Bill Cook
    • Apr 2003

He can sleep in the closet.

bc
    BC

If ya wannit done your way ya gotta do it yourself.

Comment

• Samuel
      • Aug 2002

maybe you could remind him to have a really good way to get down, didn't a couple of people get stuck doing this? I mean if no one finds you it can kill you to be inverted for too long. ive been stretched on a table, and it does seem to help a little but only under the supervision of a physical therapist

Comment

• Offyman
        • Jul 2003

Seems to me that shoes such as this were available commercially some years ago.
        Probably in the 70's when I lived in SoCal.
        Lee

Comment

• cebump
          • Nov 2002

they are still available, marketed as inversion boots for about $100.00.

Comment

• Thrud
            • Mar 2001

Luckily, I am too fat to hang in the closet - so I don't have to worry about being "stuck" there. Gravity and me are real tight...

[This message has been edited by Thrud (edited 08-06-2003).]

Comment

• Evan
              • May 2003

Also known as "Gravity boots".
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• crypto
                • Oct 2001

A book entitled Oh My Aching Back by Dr. Root changed my life. Just 4 simple exercises that strengthened my back made it possible for me to live an active normal life. I know that I was headed for serious traction sessions and possibly a crippled existence before I found this book.

I cannot praise or recomend this book enough.
                O

Comment

• ibewgypsie
                  • Dec 2002

Inversion table, you clip your ankles into the clamps, raise your ams and the center of balance changes, you invert, lower your arms and your right. About 170$.. Much easier than the grav boots. My 350 pound ironworker buddy broke mine, I had to reinforce it. I set the eccentric to flip fast to pop his back for him. It snapped the a-frame and he busted his head on my floor.

Since I dated a Korean girl in Colorado springs I have not needed mine. She showed me how to pop my own back. Align the bones. I now carry my wallet in my front pocket also and my spine is much straighter.

David..

Comment

• Evan
                    • May 2003

I presume you mean "align the bone".
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                    X