X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MachineGuy
    • Aug 2003

Machinist Education or Schools

I was wondering if anyone had any information about machinist education. Would a apprenticeship be my best bet or is there any nice machinist schools in the US?

• Thrud
    • Mar 2001

MachineGuy:
    Check with your local schools/tech/colleges and your apprenticship board. If you are just starting out the military can teach you this trade, you can serve your country, and put towards furthering your education - a worthy endevour.

You can check with local machine shops - they sometimes take in greenhorns and train them but you would most likely get the "crap" jobs to do until you proved your worth to the man.

Comment

• dvideo
      • Dec 2002

The Dallas Community College District has some amazing courses.... Multiple campuses let them offer a good variety... I heard there are 180,000+ students in the 2 year programs....
      dvideo

Comment

• MachineGuy
        • Aug 2003

Thanks alot , Ill look into it

Comment

• ropteach
          • Aug 2003

lots of good training programs available. check the website www.cncci.com which contains a list of training available and what each school offers. although the classes are getting fewer and fewer.email back if you have questions. i teach conventional machining,cnc, and cadcam in anaheim,ca. good luck. i am new to this bb.

Comment

• MachineGuy
            • Aug 2003

Thanks that's a really helpful website

Comment

• BC21OSH
              • Mar 2003

MachineGuy

Perry Institute in Washington State ( I believe Yakima Washington ) used to have a very highly praised machine shop program. This has been some years ago, so I don't know what is available today, but that area ( Seattle / Tacoma ) has a lot of manufacturing.

Bernard

Comment

• spope14
                • Dec 2001

I know a guy in New Hampshire who teaches day and night machining classes, and has enlisted a few friends and associates to teach this at night as well....

Ok enough of my horn blowing....

There is also a great program in our area in Springfield VT, one in Milford NH, North Conway is growing a program, Several in NH and VT.

CCBW, MAH

Comment

Working...
                X