PDA

View Full Version : Preview of the Uk show at Alexandra Palace

John Stevenson
01-16-2009, 04:23 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7833622.stm

Alistair Hosie
01-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry John I thought you were in Gaza there.Alistair Praying for peace and not a warmonger.

Mark McGrath
01-16-2009, 05:44 PM
John
was watching BBC2 at lunchtime when a director of a manufacturing company in Ilkeston was interviewed.One of her major problems was that there is only one engineering company in the Nottingham area good enough to repair parts for her machines.Sends 90% of the work to France apparently.
Machines were nothing special,no electrics,pure mechanicals,old and slow running.Should I give you an introduction?
Mark.

John Stevenson
01-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Sheila Mason ?

.RC.
01-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Sorry John I thought you were in Gaza there.Alistair Praying for peace and not a warmonger.

Nah they don't need any extra help in Gaza to help **** stir, they are experts of it themselves.. :D

Be a nice place to visit (the exhibition not Gaza) pity the BBC did not show any fixed model engines...

John Stevenson
01-16-2009, 07:29 PM
That show is reasonably unique in that they allow this type of model.
Most of the other shows are normal exhibitions, club stands etc.

It's a bit of a 50 / 50 split on feed back, some of the public like this and some say it shouldn't include this type of model, whatever your views Ally Pally does cater for them.

Mark McGrath
01-16-2009, 08:13 PM
"Sheila Mason ?"

Can`t remember.Ugly bint.
They were a lace weaving company.machines same as I remember from apprenticeship forty odd years ago and they were ancient then.Nothing too dificult about making parts for them,I would be more worried about their ability to pay for them.
Mark

John Stevenson
01-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Yup that's Shelia.
I'll give her a bell on Monday, when we had the truck garage we used to do her horsebox for her.

All people who own horses look like them.

What used to impress me was before we had post codes her full address was

Shelia Mason
The Firs
Wollaton

[ name changed in case she still lives there ]

Wollaton is full of big expensive houses but has a population of about 15,000 must have been a crap job being a postman there :)

rockrat
01-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Thats fantastic. And the tank is a winner for me. What fun. Imported from USSR? I cant imagine the freight to get that thing here. Guess I'll have to cast my own.

Thanks for sharing.

Tell the sock puppet I said take off.

rock~