PDA

View Full Version : o/t 250 years ago

oil mac
01-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Hello folks would like to remind eveyone, that next Sunday 25th. of January, is the 250th anniversary of Robert Burns, Scotlands National Poet, This will cause on Friday & Saturday of this week a lot of celebrations called Burns Suppers to remember the great man birth in fairly humble circumstances at Alloway in Ayr Scotland, His home cottage is a shrine to his followers, Many from the United States, Australia, New Zealand & beyond, He even has a following in Russia, China, Japan, etc. And as i think on the poet at this time, his rememberance to me, greatly reminds me also of the old guys i used to work amongst, in his home town of Ayr, during the first year and a half of my apprenticeship, solid, kindly craftsmen of a breed now sadly extinct
I will raise a glass of Scotch whisky to Rabbie on Friday night , and also on Sunday night . If you feel inclined to think on him, maybe you could as well, Even a glass of Coca - Cola will do equally as well

rmack898
01-20-2009, 08:14 PM
As a second gereration Scotsman on this side of the pond I'll raise a glass or two with you.